Fresh, vibrant, and juicy — tomato season is the best season of all! Whether you pick up a pint of grape tomatoes from the local farmer's market, grow cherry tomatoes on the vine in your own vegetable garden, or even cherry heirloom tomatoes, there are so many ways to use this veggie in tomato recipes all summer long. We are sharing over 20 easy cherry tomato recipes for when you are wondering what to make with cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, including everything from appetizers and salads, to pastas and entrees, and so much more.
Best Cherry Tomato Recipes
How to Make Ahead and Store
You can make or prepare some of these cherry tomato recipes ahead of time. You can chop and prep the salad ingredients in advance and store them in the refrigerator until ready to toss with dressing. The cooked recipes can be stored for a few days in the refrigerator or possibly in the freezer too. Confirm storing instructions by checking each recipe.
More Recipes with Summer Ingredients
- 60+ Summer Dinner Ideas
- 25 Best Strawberry Recipes
- 15 Best Blueberry Recipes
- 40 Summer Desserts
- 50 Best Breakfast Ideas
Did You Make Any of These Cherry Tomato Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of cherry tomato recipes, or let me know if there are any recipes you would like to see. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 20 easy cherry tomato recipes for when you are wondering what to make with cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, cherry heirloom tomatoes, or vine tomatoes. One of our favorite cherry tomato recipes is this Caprese Chicken.
- 5 chicken breasts (about 2.5 pounds total), skinless and boneless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups bocconcini (mozzarella balls), halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- In a large ziploc bag, combine chicken breasts with olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Press air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the seasoning around the chicken to coat. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes, up to overnight in the fridge. You can also marinate in a large. mixing bowl and cover with plastic cling wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Arrange marinated chicken in a 8-inch square baking pan. Add tomatoes and distribute them evenly in the pan. Bake for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add mozzarella balls evenly over the chicken. Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes until the melted cheese turns golden brown. The internal temperature for the chicken should also reach 165F as read on a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, make the balsamic glaze by adding the remaining balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan. Let it simmer for over low heat until thickened and reduced by half (about 5-7 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Allow the baked chicken to rest for 10 minutes. Then, drizzle the balsamic reduction on top. Garnish with basil and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinate Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: 20 easy cherry tomato recipes, cherry tomato recipes, what to make with cherry tomatoes,