Fresh, vibrant, and juicy — tomato season is the best season of all! Whether you pick up a pint of grape tomatoes from the local farmer's market, grow cherry tomatoes on the vine in your own vegetable garden, or even cherry heirloom tomatoes, there are so many ways to use this veggie in tomato recipes all summer long. We are sharing over 20 easy cherry tomato recipes for when you are wondering what to make with cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, including everything from appetizers and salads, to pastas and entrees, and so much more.
Best Cherry Tomato Recipes
Baked Caprese Chicken
Baked caprese chicken is tender, juicy, and delicious, topped with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and a good drizzle of balsamic glaze. One of my favorite cherry tomato recipes.
Whipped Ricotta Crostini
Whipped ricotta crostini topped with cherry tomatoes is a fancy easy appetizer to make in just minutes or prepare in advance and assemble before serving. A total crowd pleaser.
Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese Salad
Quick and easy tomato and mozzarella caprese salad is a fresh, light, and delicious summer salad, made with just cherry tomatoes and a few simple ingredients in 10 minutes.
Beef Taco Salad
Beef taco salad is a simple, filling, and delicious meal loaded with your favorite taco fillings, and a creamy lime dressing. Make it in 20 minutes.
Antipasto skewers with tortellini are a quick, easy, and delicious appetizer that can be served for any occasion.
Chicken Garden Salad with Ranch Dressing
Chicken garden salad with ranch dressing is fresh, healthy, hearty, and colorful. It's a filling and wholesome lunch or dinner that is versatile too.
Pesto Penne Pasta
Quick and easy pesto penne pasta is a simple and light Italian pasta dish made with just five ingredients in under 15 minutes. The easiest dinner.
Easy No Knead Tomato Focaccia
Easy no knead tomato focaccia is so flavourful, packed with olive oil, cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs. It's crispy and golden outside, fluffy and pillowy inside.
Chickpea Greek Salad
Chickpea Greek salad is a fresh, healthy, vibrant, and colorful salad, packed with traditional Mediterranean ingredients, superfoods, and nutrients.
15-Minute Caprese Frittata
This 15-minute caprese frittata is the recipe you’ve been waiting for! A go-to breakfast for entertaining or an easy dinner for busy weeknights.
Baked Mediterranean Pasta
Baked Mediterranean pasta is simple, flavorful, and vibrant, loaded with fresh tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and olives, and topped with mozzarella cheese.
This homemade veggie tray is a quick easy healthy snack or appetizer to make for your next party, with a variety of colorful vegetables and delicious dips.
Shrimp Taco Salad
Shrimp taco salad with cilantro lime dressing is flavourful, delicious, and easy to make. It has all the fixings and of shrimp tacos, but without the mess.
Greek Salad Hummus Flatbread
This bright and colourful Greek salad hummus flatbread is perfect as an appetizer or a healthy lunch or snack.
Mussels Pasta in Tomato Sauce
Mussels pasta in tomato sauce is a simple, light and fresh, seafood pasta dinner that you can make at home in 30 minutes. Easiest weeknight dinner.
Italian Pasta Salad
Italian pasta salad is delicious, wholesome, and easy to make. Make it up to three days ahead for your summer picnics and cookouts.
Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki
This refreshing and light, easy Greek chicken gyros is packed with tender souvlaki chicken, Greek salad, and homemade tzatziki sauce, all wrapped in a pita.
Mascarpone Pesto Pasta
Quick and easy mascarpone pesto pasta is the tastiest creamy pasta dish you’ll ever make in under 15 minutes. It's the best weeknight dinner.
Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
Simple tomato cucumber avocado salad with a delicious lemon vinaigrette is a light and refreshing salad that comes together in literally 5 minutes.
Caprese Pasta Salad
Bright and colorful caprese pasta salad is the ultimate summer side dish. It's fresh, light, and loaded with vibrant summer flavors. Quick and easy too!
Summer Corn Salad
Take fresh-off-the-grill corn on the cob and turn it into a light, flavourful summer corn salad, topped with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and cheese.
How to Make Ahead and Store
You can make or prepare some of these cherry tomato recipes ahead of time. You can chop and prep the salad ingredients in advance and store them in the refrigerator until ready to toss with dressing. The cooked recipes can be stored for a few days in the refrigerator or possibly in the freezer too. Confirm storing instructions by checking each recipe.
More Recipes with Summer Ingredients
- 60+ Summer Dinner Ideas
- 25 Best Strawberry Recipes
- 15 Best Blueberry Recipes
- 40 Summer Desserts
- 50 Best Breakfast Ideas
Did You Make Any of These Cherry Tomato Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of cherry tomato recipes, or let me know if there are any recipes you would like to see. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
20 Cherry Tomato Recipes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 5 servings
- Diet: Gluten Free
Over 20 easy cherry tomato recipes for when you are wondering what to make with cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, cherry heirloom tomatoes, or vine tomatoes. One of our favorite cherry tomato recipes is this Caprese Chicken.
- 5 chicken breasts (about 2.5 pounds total), skinless and boneless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups bocconcini (mozzarella balls), halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- In a large ziploc bag, combine chicken breasts with olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Press air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the seasoning around the chicken to coat. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes, up to overnight in the fridge. You can also marinate in a large. mixing bowl and cover with plastic cling wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Arrange marinated chicken in a 8-inch square baking pan. Add tomatoes and distribute them evenly in the pan. Bake for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add mozzarella balls evenly over the chicken. Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes until the melted cheese turns golden brown. The internal temperature for the chicken should also reach 165F as read on a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, make the balsamic glaze by adding the remaining balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan. Let it simmer for over low heat until thickened and reduced by half (about 5-7 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Allow the baked chicken to rest for 10 minutes. Then, drizzle the balsamic reduction on top. Garnish with basil and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Marinate Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: 20 easy cherry tomato recipes, cherry tomato recipes, what to make with cherry tomatoes,
Leave a Comment