How is it already mid-August? Where has this summer gone!? After a 2-month break from work, I am starting a new job tomorrow. Which unfortunately means that my weekly posts will be going back down from two to one. Hey, it’s quality over quantity, right? Well, quality is the theme of today’s recipe aka. my new favourite appetizer. Greek Salad Hummus Flatbread. Yes.
This post was sponsored by Frontier Co-op. The recipe and opinions are my own.
This flatbread pretty much combines all my favourite things into one. Bread, hummus, and greek salad. I could literally live on this stuff! The greek salad topping is made with fresh summer produce and savoury spices — in particular, Frontier Co-op Oregano Leaf seasoning. It is my go to because it is organic, pure and tastes great. Plus, Frontier Co-op spices promote healthy communities. They are sourced from growers committed to quality, sustainability, and ethical trade. Love!
This flatbread makes the perfect appetizer for entertaining, or you can have it as a healthy snack or lunch.
This bright and colourful Greek salad hummus flatbread is perfect as an appetizer or a healthy lunch or snack.
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Frontier Co-op Oregano Leaf (dried oregano)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Toast naan bread in toaster or toaster oven. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, olives, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Spread hummus onto each naan bread.
- Divide the salad mixture on top of the hummus.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, slice and serve!
Make this recipe using my homemade classic hummus recipe.