An easy weeknight dinner option, this hearty and oily slow cooker Asian beef noodle soup is packed with beef chunks, vegetables, noodles, and Asian spices and flavours.
- 2 pounds beef chunks (briskets and flanks preferred)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large bok choy
- 2 servings flat rice noodles
- 2 eggs, soft-boiled (see notes below for instructions)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Rinse beef chunks and cook in boiled water for 2 minutes. This is to get rid of the foam so that your soup broth will be clear.
- In a slow cooker, add 7 cups of water, the prepared beef chunks, onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Set to cook for 8 hours on low temperature. When the time is up, the slow cooker should automatically switch to the "warm" setting.
- Once the soup is ready, prepare the noodles. In a medium pot, bring water to a boil over high heat and add noodles. Cook for 6 mins while continuously stirring to ensure that the noodles do not stick together or to the bottom of the pot. Then, dip the bok choy into the boiling water for 30 seconds, take it out and set it aside. Drain the noodles.
- Assemble the beef noodle soup, in 2 large bowls divide the drained noodles. Add bok choy and a boiled egg on top. Pour in desired amount of beef soup. Add in beef chunks and carrots. Sprinkle on sliced green onions, and add salt and pepper to taste.
How to get the perfect soft-boiled egg: In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Add eggs and cook for 6 minutes, while continuously stirring the eggs clockwise in boiling water for the first minute to allow the egg yolk to sit right in the centre. Once done, remove the eggs and immediately place them in an ice water bath for a few minutes. Peel the egg shell and slice eggs in half.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: slow cooker asian beef noodle soup, asian beef noodle soup, noodle soup, asian recipes, slow cooker recipes, hearty beef soup