Anytime I can skip take-out and replace it with fresh, healthy ingredients is a huge win for me! Anytime I can do that in less time that it would take to get my order delivered is a double win! No seriously. Imagine delicious, vegetable-packed lo mein noodles in less than 15 minutes. Nope, that was not a typo.
Easy 15-minute lo mein noodles is a no-brainer in our house for an easy weeknight meal. You know, those nights when you have had a long day at the office and cooking dinner is the last thing on your mind. Those nights where you are craving noodles from your local Chinese restaurant. You don't need to wait 45-minutes for take-out anymore when you can make your own delicious and wholesome lo mein noodles in less than 15 minutes!!
This lo mein is so much better than take-out, not only because it is so quick and easy to whip up, but because it is made using fresh and healthy ingredients. Meaning, no MSG. In fact, you could take it to another level and make this dish completely organic by using organic vegetables.
How to Make the Best Lo Mein NoodlesPrint
Lo Mein Noodles
- Total Time: 20 minuts
- Yield: 4 servings
- Diet: Vegan
Say goodbye to take-out and make easy 15-minute lo mein at home using fresh and healthy ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon black vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 and ½ teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 6 ounces dry lo mein noodles (or any egg noodle or even spaghetti)
- 1 and ½ tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup carrots, julienne cut
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cups baby spinach or bok choy
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
Make the Sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and ginger. Set aside.
Make the Noodles:
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions, drain, and set aside.
Make the Lo Mein:
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots and bell peppers. Stir fry until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Stir in the noodles and sauce. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve.
How about adding some protein? For a variation, cook some tofu, chicken, beef or shrimp, set it aside and add it to your noodles at the end.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stir Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: lo mein noodles, vegetable noodles
Omgosh! This was sooo good! Will definitely be making this again!
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
Thanks Ursula! So glad you liked the recipe 🙂
What is Mirin? I can't find it in the ingredients?
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
Ah thank you for that! It should read "vinegar". I have corrected that, thank you!!
I need more simple, quick, and healthy dinners like this in my life - Looks great!