Mediterranean Scrambled Eggs with spinach, tomato, and feta is the perfect breakfast to make when you are short on time but still want to enjoy a delicious and flavorful meal. Loaded with vibrant and bold Mediterranean ingredients, this scrambled egg recipe makes regular eggs more interesting.
Ready in less than 10 minutes (including prep!) with a few simple ingredients, this quick and easy breakfast will give you energy that will last all morning and will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Why You’ll Love Mediterranean Scrambled Eggs
- It’s fast and easy to make. After you roll out of bed to get ready for your day, a quick breakfast is essential — especially if you’re running late. This Mediterranean scrambled egg recipe is ready in under 10 minutes (with prep!), so it can keep you on track.
- Loaded with Mediterranean flavors. A classic omelet is great, but these Mediterranean eggs are better. Fresh tomatoes bring flavor and juiciness, while spinach adds a green kick. Add in the tang of feta cheese, and you’ve got a well-balanced meal that’s as nutritious as it is delicious.
- It makes scrambled eggs exciting. Plain scrambled eggs make a great breakfast but adding in vegetables is one of the best things to switch things up. Not only does it boost the nutrition of your breakfast with added vitamins and minerals — it also keeps breakfast interesting!
To make quick and easy Mediterranean scrambled eggs, you will need the following ingredients (full measurements in recipe card below):
- vegetable oil - for cooking the eggs.
- tomato - you will need to remove all the seeds so that the eggs don't get too soggy.
- baby spinach
- feta cheese - feel free to substitute with goat cheese if you prefer.
- salt and pepper
Scrambled Egg Add-Ins
These scrambled eggs are completely customizable too. Keep the Mediterranean flair and add in more ingredients like:
- chopped asparagus
- kalamata olives
- chopped ham, bacon, or sausage
- quinoa or riced cauliflower
- eggplant or zucchini
How to Make the Best Mediterranean Scrambled Eggs
- Sauté vegetables. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add tomatoes and spinach and sauté until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs. Add eggs and use a spatula to mix together and scramble, about 30 seconds.
- Add feta. Add feta cheese, and continue to cook until the egg is cooked to your preference.
- Season. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with fresh herbs such as chopped dill or parsley, if desired.
How to Serve
Enjoy this Mediterranean scramble on its own, or pair it with:
You can even make a breakfast wrap by stuffing the Mediterranean scramble inside a tortilla, similar to this Vegan Hummus Wrap, or stuff them into tortillas and fry on the pan for a Mediterranean version of these Breakfast Quesadillas.
Mediterranean scrambled eggs are best enjoyed fresh, but they will last in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, microwave them on medium until warmed through or heat them in a covered pan over the stove.
More Egg Recipes
- 20 Best Egg Recipes
- Egg Muffins
- Egg and Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Vegetable Frittata
- Deviled Eggs
- Egg Salad Sandwich
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Don't forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more recipe updates.
Mediterranean Scrambled Eggs
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 1-2 servings
- Diet: Vegetarian
Mediterranean Scrambled Eggs with spinach, tomato, and feta is loaded with flavor and a quick and easy breakfast to make in under 10 minutes (with prep!).
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup tomato, diced and seeded (roughly ½ medium tomato)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add tomatoes and spinach and sauté until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs and use a spatula to mix together and scramble, about 30 seconds.
- Add feta cheese, and continue to cook until the egg is cooked to your preference.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Top with fresh herbs such as chopped dill or parsley, if desired.
How to store: Mediterranean scrambled eggs are best enjoyed fresh, but they will last in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, microwave them on medium until warmed through or heat them in a covered pan over the stove.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: mediterranean scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with spinach, eggs with tomato, eggs with feta
I made this today. It was great & I really appreciate a recipe that is easy & quick to make for breakfast, so thank you!
I didn’t have fresh spinach and used frozen. I can’t wait to try it with fresh spinach. It was great and glad I found your blog.
Sam Hu | Ahead of Thyme says
Thank you so much Vanessa! Glad it worked with frozen spinach!
I'm well behind the curve here but just stumbled across this to use up some toms and feta for breakfast - I popped it in a tortilla wrap and it rocks! Thank you. And eat away at the eggs- some historical iffy research to blame for saying we should restrict them!
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
Thanks, Katy! Great idea on stuffing this into a tortilla wrap! Will have to try it next time.
I don't know if you care or not but this site seems to have copied your recipe, I may be wrong though. Just thought you should know!
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
Thanks for letting me know!