Juicy, tender, and moist, baked chicken breast with Greek souvlaki marinade is the chicken dinner you have been waiting for. Say good-bye to dry chicken breast and hello to oven-baked chicken breast that is actually juicy and tender with golden brown edges. With every slice carved, watch the delicious juices pour out. Season it generously with the best homemade Greek souvlaki marinade for amazing flavor. The best part? It takes less than 30 minutes to bake the juiciest chicken breast in the oven. Do I have your attention yet?
Why You'll Love Greek Souvlaki Baked Chicken Breast
- Tender and juicy oven-baked chicken breast every time. To avoid dry, chewy, and even bland baked chicken breasts, we use a method where we roast on high heat for a shorter period of time. Which is very similar to the method I use in my Juicy Roast Turkey, which similar results. Moist. Tender. Juicy. Succulent. Heavenly.
- The best Greek souvlaki marinade. To top off such a juicy and moist chicken, I have three words for you: Greek souvlaki marinade. Loaded with delicious Mediterranean flavors like oregano, dill, parsley, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice, these baked chicken breasts are packed with flavor in every juicy bite.
- It's quick and easy to make and bake. This recipe takes literally 5-10 minutes to prep, and just 25 minutes to bake once the chicken has been marinated (which will take an hour). It's a perfect recipe to throw together quickly in the morning and leave it in the refrigerator until ready to cook at dinner time. It's seriously the best on busy weeknights.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make the juiciest baked chicken breast with Greek souvlaki marinade, you will need the following ingredients:
- chicken breasts - I recommend using boneless and skinless chicken breasts. If using bone-in chicken breasts, you will need to increase the cook time.
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- herbs - a combination of fresh parsley, dried oregano, and dried mint. You could substitute the dried mint with dried dill or rosemary as well.
- paprika - this can be optional. It adds subtle flavor as well as a nice color to these chicken breasts.
- salt and pepper
How to Make the Best Baked Chicken Breast with Greek Souvlaki Marinade
- Prepare the marinade. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, oregano, mint, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken. Place chicken breasts a large shallow bowl and pour the marinade over top. Toss chicken in the marinade to ensure that they are fully coated. Cover the bowl with plastic cling wrap and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow the chicken to marinate.
- Bake. Preheat oven to 450 F. Place chicken on a quarter sheet baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink inside and the internal temperature reaches 165 F in the thickest part of the chicken breast (as read on a meat thermometer). Remove the chicken out of the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
How to Serve
- How to store: Store the leftover Greek souvlaki baked chicken breast in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can also shred it or cut it ahead of time before storing for easy meal prep, and use leftovers to make sandwiches or add on top of.a salad (in which case you won't need to reheat it).
- How to reheat: Heat the Greek souvlaki baked chicken breast in a preheated 325F oven or air fryer until warmed through, about 5-10 minutes. You can wrap it in aluminum foil and some chicken broth to keep it moist.
More Chicken Breast Recipes
- 50 Best Chicken Breast Recipes
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki Skewers
- Chicken Marsala
- Baked Queso Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan (Parmigiana)
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.