Coconut curry pumpkin soup is a bowl of comfort with a kick. This soup comes together in less than 30 minutes using a handful of ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala spice blend
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups pumpkin (or butternut squash) puree
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- toasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro for topping (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for about 4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic and ginger and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in curry powder and garam masala, keep stirring for about 15 seconds.
- Stir in vegetable stock, coconut milk, and pumpkin and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, covered. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Puree the soup until smooth (if needed) using a food processor or an immersion blender.
- Serve soup with a drizzle of coconut milk and toasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro on top (optional).
You can also adjust the taste of the soup with 1 tablespoon of sugar, if needed.