Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Yes you read that right. It's basically when pumpkin bread meets chocolate chip cookies. These pumpkin cookies are thick, fluffy, chewy and slightly cakey bites of chocolate chip pumpkin bread heaven. The best part? It requires no chill time so you can make them with a few simple steps and in under 20 minutes (including prep).
If you are a big fan of chocolate chip pumpkin bread, then these cookies are made for you. They satisfy your cravings in a little bite-sized form.
- salted butter - you can also use unsalted butter, but then add a pinch of salt to the dry ingredients.
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin puree - either homemade or canned pumpkin. If using canned pumpkin, made sure it is pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder + baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- pumpkin pie spice
- semi-sweet chocolate chips - you can also use chocolate chunks.
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
In a small mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree, and whisk until smooth. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until combined.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and beat together with a hand mixer until just combined. Then fold in half cup of chocolate chips.
Use a medium cookie scooper to scoop out the cookies (about 2 tablespoons per scoop). Space them about an inch apart on a large ½ sheet baking pan lined with a silpat silicone mat or parchment paper. Then, use the back of a spoon to slightly flatten the cookies. Press remaining chocolate chips on top of the cookies.
Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 350 F preheated oven until the edges start to brown.
How to Store
Store pumpkin cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Use Leftover Pumpkin Puree
Since this recipe uses ¼ cup of pumpkin puree, you may be looking for ways to use up leftover pumpkin puree. Here are some recipes to try:
- Small Batch Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Mini Glazed Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Pie Granola
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
More Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cookies
- Soft and Chewy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Cookies
- The Best Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Heart Cookies
- The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Sugar Cookies
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.