This instant pot turkey breast is a must-try recipe this fall holiday season. It’s the most tender and juicy turkey breast you’ll ever try. There’s a reason we all love our pressure cookers — and this turkey recipe might just be ours. It’s so simple, so delicious, and requires little work to make or to clean up after. Seasoned with a few pantry staple spices, this turkey breast is savory and flavorful. The best part? You only need 5 minutes of actual prep work and 15 minutes to marinate.
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Minimal effort for some amazing results. Similar to our Slow Cooker Turkey Breast, this instant pot version requires minimal prep work. All you really need to do is season the turkey breast, sear it for a few minutes, adjust the setting on your pressure cooker, and let it do the rest!
- Easy prep and easy clean-up. My favorite thing about the instant pot is that it’s so easy — when you’re cooking (since the appliance is doing it all) and afterward. This instant pot turkey breast recipe makes almost no dishes, so clean-up is as fast and easy as preparation.
- Turkey breast is a healthy and lean protein. We tend to only enjoy turkey around the holidays, but turkey is a great protein all year round! It’s packed with heart-healthy protein, and the breast is the best part of the turkey since it’s low in fat and calories compared to other meats. Plus, this is a great option for a smaller scale holiday dinner.
- The easiest gravy. You can use the turkey drippings to make an easy and delicious gravy in just minutes directly in the pressure cooker!
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this easy Instant Pot Turkey Breast, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in the recipe card below):
- turkey breast
- vegetable oil - I used avocado oil, but feel free to use any vegetable oil that you have on hand. Olive oil works too.
- turkey seasoning - salt, pepper, Italian seasoning (or dried oregano), paprika, and garlic.
- water - prevents the turkey drippings from smoking and will be used to bulk up the drippings for the gravy.
- all-purpose flour - to thicken up the gravy.
- chicken broth - adds more volume and flavor for the gravy.
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper
How to Make the Best Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Season the turkey. Use a paper towel to completely pat dry the turkey breast. Rub oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, paprika, and garlic evenly to season. Set aside on a plate for at least 15 minutes. It’s ideal to bring the marinated turkey to room temperature to achieve a more tender and juicier meat.
- Sear the turkey. Turn on the Sauté function on high on the instant pot. Add butter and melt until it starts to bubble, about 1 minute. Sear the turkey breast for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and set aside on a plate. Turkey doesn’t need to be fully cooked at this point.
- Set up the instant pot. Place a wire rack (that can be fitted into the instant pot) in the pot and add water into the turkey drippings. The water prevents the turkey drippings from smoking and will be used to make the gravy. Return the turkey onto the wire rack to the pot.
- Pressure cook. Switch to pressure cooking mode on manual pressure and seal the lid (the steam release knob must be turned to the sealed position). Set the turkey breast to pressure cook for 30 minutes. Once the time is up, you can let the instant pot slowly release the pressure, about 20 minutes, or quick release the remaining pressure by turning the steam release valve to the venting position.
- Rest. Transfer the turkey onto a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice the turkey breast and serve with gravy.
How to Make Instant Pot Gravy
- Leave the turkey drippings in the instant pot. Switch the Sauté function back on high on the instant pot.
- Add flour, chicken broth and heavy cream to the turkey drippings. Whisk well until smooth and cook until thickened to a desired consistency, about 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Let it rest: You might be eager to dive into your turkey breast as soon as it comes out of the instant pot. Try to resist the urge of doing do. During the resting time, the juices move from the center of the meat and disperse evenly for the juiciest result. That’s why letting meat rest after cooking is essential if you want a juicy cut.
- How to store: Keep leftover turkey breast in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days in an airtight container. Allow it to cool completely before putting it in the fridge.
- How to reheat: Reheat leftover turkey breast in a 350F preheated oven for 10-20 minutes until warmed through or air fryer for 10 minutes until warmed through.
More Turkey Recipes
- Instant Pot Turkey Thighs
- Soy Glazed Braised Turkey Breast with Five-Spice
- Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Easy Juicy Roasted Turkey Breast
- Buffalo Turkey Wraps
- Roasted Turkey Legs with Vegetables
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.