Quick and easy buffalo turkey wraps are flavourful, spicy, and delicious. These tortilla wraps are stuffed with crisp lettuce, lean turkey strips slathered in a creamy homemade buffalo sauce, and topped with cheddar cheese. Assemble and wrap them up in just minutes for a quick and healthy lunch option that will keep you full until dinner. It's so much faster, tastier, and healthier than running to the deli to grab a sandwich.
I have partnered with the Turkey Farmers of Canada to bring you this delicious buffalo turkey wrap recipe. All images and opinions expressed are my own.
Why You'll Love Buffalo Turkey Wraps
- Flavourful with a spicy kick. Buffalo turkey wraps pack on the heat with a homemade buffalo sauce that is so much better than store-bought (no preservatives or filler ingredients!). The buffalo sauce is creamy and spicy, adding so much flavour to this classic turkey wrap.
- Healthy lean protein. These wraps are made with cooked turkey strips which are one of the best food sources of lean protein, especially if you are trying to be health-conscious. So, take it to the office, enjoy it on a picnic, or send it in your kids’ lunch boxes. The whole family loves them!
- Great for meal planning. These wraps are easy to prep and make ahead for back to school or work lunches throughout the week. Prepare the ingredients in advance and assemble the wrap before serving. You only need a handful of ingredients and just 10 minutes to make these!
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make these easy and delicious turkey buffalo wraps, you will need the following ingredients:
- cooked turkey strips - this is also a great way to use any leftover turkey breast that you may have from a Whole Roast Turkey, Slow Cooker Turkey Breast or Juicy Roasted Turkey Breast. If using leftovers, cut the turkey into approximately 2-inch strips.
- olive oil
- hot sauce
- garlic powder
- white vinegar
- mayonnaise - you can also substitute this with ranch dressing.
- flour tortilla wraps
- romaine lettuce
- cheddar cheese
One of my favourite things about this recipe is that it is completely customizable. Feel free to add in any other veggies that you would like. Some great options to include in this turkey wrap are avocado, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
How to Make the Best Buffalo Turkey Wraps
First, make the buffalo sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, combine olive oil, hot sauce, garlic powder, vinegar, and mayonnaise. Stir well until smooth. Add the cooked turkey strips and toss well to coat.
Next, assemble the wraps. In the centre of each tortilla wrap, add ½ cup of lettuce, ¼ cup buffalo turkey strips, ¼ cup cheddar cheese, and a drizzle of extra buffalo sauce, if desired. Make sure to leave about an inch of room on the edges.
How to Fold a Turkey Wrap
Fold the two sides of the tortilla inwards over the filling. Then pull the bottom end all the way over and under the ingredients, tucking as you roll the wrap, like a burrito. Make sure all corners are tightly sealed. Once wrapped, you can hold the wraps together using toothpicks or wrap them in aluminum foil if desired.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Tip when wrapping: When assembling the buffalo turkey wrap, be careful not to overstuff it. This can make all the difference later when you’re wrapping it up. If the wrap is overstuffed, it will be very hard to roll it up and keep the wrap together.
- How to store: Buffalo turkey wraps are best eaten the same day or up to a day after. Although they can last for up a few days in the refrigerator, they will start to get soggy. If you want to make these ahead, I recommend prepping the ingredients and storing them in the refrigerator, then assemble and wrap before serving.
More Turkey Recipes
- Turkey Parmesan
- Juicy Roasted Turkey Breast
- Leftover Turkey Fried Rice
- Turkey Tetrazzini with Spinach
- Leftover Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Creamy Turkey Orzo Soup
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.