No bake pumpkin cheesecake is the easiest cheesecake you will make this fall. It's light, smooth, creamy, and loaded with classic fall flavors like pumpkin and cinnamon. A simple graham cracker crust is filled with a creamy pumpkin filling, and set to chill until ready to serve, so there it no baking involved! This fall cheesecake is a total crowd pleaser that is sure to impress on your holiday dessert table.
Why You’ll Love No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- There’s no baking involved. If you ask me, this is one of the best parts of this recipe. You don’t need to worry about undercooking or overcooking, or hoping the cheesecake doesn’t crack in the oven. This fool proof nobake pumpkin cheesecake guarantees an amazing dessert every time.
- The filling is loaded with fall flavors. Just read the ingredients list and you’ll see that this pumpkin cheesecake is something you need this fall. With classic fall ingredients like pumpkin and cinnamon, this no bake pumpkin cheesecake will give you all the cozy feels.
- It’s great at any time of the year. Although pumpkin is typically a flavor reserved for the fall, this no-bake pumpkin cheesecake is a great dessert at any time. And since it uses canned pumpkin puree, you don’t need to wait for pumpkin season to make it.
Ingredients And Substitutions
To make this easy no bake pumpkin cheesecake, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in the recipe card below):
- graham cracker crumbs - you can also substitute with whole graham crackers. Just crush them into crumbs using a food processor. You can also use crushed ginger snaps for a different flavored crust. To make a gluten-free no-bake pumpkin cheesecake, substitute with gluten-free graham crackers.
- pumpkin puree - feel free to use homemade pumpkin puree or store-bought. If using store-bought, make sure you are buying 100% pumpkin puree, and NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- melted butter
- heavy cream
- cream cheese
- icing sugar - The icing sugar adds a really smooth clean texture, but you can substitute with granulated sugar if you don't have any on hand.
- pumpkin pie spice - you can also substitute with ground cinnamon.
- gelatin powder - I use unflavored Knox gelatin, but this is optional. Gelatin helps the cheesecake filling set and be more firmer.
How To Make The Best No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Make the cheesecake crust. In a large bowl, stir together crumbs and melted butter until well mixed. If you are using whole crackers, simply add the crackers into a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Press the crumb mixture firmly into parchment-lined 8-inch springform pan and freeze for at least 15 minutes, allowing the crust to set before filling.
- Make the cheesecake filling. In a large mixing bowl, add heavy cream and whip with a hand mixer or by hand until stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, mix cream cheese (at room temperature), pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and salt using the hand mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add gelatin (optional) and whipped cream. Optionally, dissolve 1 pack (15 ml) gelatin powder in ¼ cup water in a bowl according to package instructions. Pour gelatin over water and let it stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 15 seconds (or warm up the jar in a hot water bath) for 1 minute and stir well until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add dissolved gelatin (if using) and whipped cream to the pumpkin cheese mixture and stir until well combined.
- Assemble and chill. Pour the filling into the cooled crust and smooth out the surface with a small icing spatula. Cover the cheesecake in the springform pan with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to set completely.
- Serve. Once completely set, run a knife along the wall of the springform pan to separate the cheesecake. Slice and serve with whipped cream if desired.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Serve a crowd: If you’re making this dessert to serve a large party, consider getting a few round disposable cake tins so you can make several cheesecakes at once. An added bonus is that you can give away leftovers and don’t need to worry about your pans coming back to you.
- Setting your cheesecake: It’s important that this no-bake cheesecake sets evenly if you want it to look right. Be careful setting the cheesecake on top of other items in the fridge so that it isn't angled which will alter the shape.
- How to store: No bake cheesecake should not be left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. To store, cover the cheesecake or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up 4-5 days.
- How to freeze: Once set, wrap the entire cheesecake tightly in a few layers of aluminum foil or plastic cling wrap and transfer to a freezer bag and seal the bag. Store it upright in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Classic Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Energy Bites
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini Pumpkin PIes
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.