This showstopping festive gingerbread bundt cake with maple cinnamon glaze and pecans is moist, soft, and fluffy, and packed with warm holiday spices in every single bite. It is topped with a smooth maple cinnamon glaze with pecans on top that complements the gingerbread flavours so perfectly. The best part? This bundt cake may look like it took some serious holiday magic to make, but it is actually so easy to make in just a few simple steps and a handful of pantry staples. It's the perfect cake to make this holiday season.
I love this time of year because it's all about the baked goods, which means that my house gets to smell like a European Christmas market all month long. This gingerbread bundt cake seriously has the best aroma ever.
Here is what you need to gather in order to make this gingerbread bundt cake with maple cinnamon glaze:
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder + baking soda
- ground cinnamon, ginger, and all-spice - you could also use a combination of ground cinnamon, ground ginger, cloves and nutmeg, or simply use a gingerbread spice blend.
- dark brown sugar - I like dark brown sugar in this recipe, but you could also substitute it with light brown sugar.
- vanilla extract
- plain yogurt - this is the secret ingredient that make this cake super moist.
- maple cinnamon glaze - made with confectioners' sugar (icing sugar or powdered sugar), maple syrup, cinnamon and milk.
- pecans - for the topping. You can substitute this with chopped walnuts or crushed pistachios on top.
How to Make the Best Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 10-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, all spice and salt in medium bowl, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients: Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, then add molasses. Scrape down the sides as needed and beat until well mixed.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together: Gradually add half of the dry ingredients to the bowl, and beat slowly until just combined. Add in yogurt and milk, and beat until combined. Then, gradually add remaining dry ingredients, scrape down the sides with a spatula, and beat until mixed.
- Bake: Bake for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then flip upside down and let the cake cool down completely on the wire cooling rack.
How to Make the Best Maple Cinnamon Glaze with Pecans
In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and milk until smooth and creamy. If the icing is too thin, add in a little more sugar. If it is too thick, add in a little more milk.
Slowly drizzle the glaze over the cooled bundt cake and sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- How to store: Store this freshly baked gingerbread bundt cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- How to freeze: To freeze, place the baked and cooled gingerbread bundt into a freezer bag or airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To eat, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Once thawed, you can also warm it up in the microwave, oven, or air fryer at 300F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through, if desired.
More Cake Recipes
- Gingerbread Muffins with Vanilla Bean Glaze
- Glazed Brown Sugar Bundt Cake
- Festive Yogurt Fruitcake
- Cranberry Sauce Swirl Pound Cake
- Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze
- Caramel Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
This post was originally published in November 2017. It has been completed updated with new photographs and tweaks to the recipe to make it perfect.Print