If you like cheesecake and you like pecan pie (hello friend!), then caramel pecan pie cheesecake bars are the fall dessert you. We are talking about decadent cheesecake with a buttery graham cracker crust, rich cheesecake filling, a caramel pecan topping that tastes like pecan pie, and an extra drizzle of sweet caramel sauce. So delicious and perfect for your Thanksgiving table, or just when you are craving something sweet this fall.
Every year, we like indulge in a mouthwatering cheesecake around Thanksgiving. Last year, it was healthier caramel apple fall cheesecake (which is also pretty amazing and on the healthier side). This year, I am all about indulging because let's face it, it's been a crazy year, so we all deserve it. Don't judge, but we may have finished these caramel pecan pie cheesecake bars in 3 days...between the 2 of us.
What is in Pecan Pie Cheesecake?
- graham cracker crust - made with graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and butter.
- cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- sour cream, at room temperature
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- lemon juice
- white flour
- caramel sauce - you can use storebought or homemade. For a different flavour, try it with homemade salted caramel sauce. So delicious.
How to Make the Best Caramel Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
First, make the cheesecake crust. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan and line it with parchment paper. (The parchment paper will help to remove the cheesecake out of the pan easily after baking).
In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Gradually pour in melted butter, while stirring until mixed well. Press crumbs firmly into the parchment lined baking pan. Transfer the pan into the freezer to freeze the crust for 15 minutes, to allow the crust to harden.
Next, make the cheesecake filling. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to mix together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, flour, and salt, until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until just blended (Do not overmix to avoid cracking during baking).
Now, assemble the cheesecake and bake. Pour filling into the cooled crust and smooth out the surface. Place the square pan into a large baking pan. Fill the pan with 1 inch (2 cm) deep of boiling water. Move the large baking pan into a preheated 350 F oven and bake for 45 minutes in the boiling water bath until the filling is set. (Baking in hot water bath helps prevent sudden temperature drop and cracking).
Then, add the pecan topping. In a medium bowl, stir to combine chopped pecans, melted butter and caramel sauce. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the cheesecake using a spoon. Save any remaining caramel sauce in the bowl for garnish.
Place the baking pan back into the oven and continue to bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until the pecan mixture is set. Take the pan out of the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool down to room temperature, about one hour. Then, carefully remove the cheesecake out of the pan using the lined parchment paper and place on a wire cooling rack. This helps the cheesecake crust from getting soggy while being refrigerated.
Transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 8 hours) to cool down and solidify. To serve, cut into slices and serve with remaining caramel sauce. Drizzle more caramel sauce on top, if desired.
How to Store Cheesecake
- In the refrigerator: Caramel pecan pie cheesecake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can store it in the baking pan that you used and seal the top tightly with aluminum foil or cling wrap.
- In the freezer: You can also store pecan pie cheesecake in the freezer for up to three months. Tightly double-wrap the whole cheesecake or slices with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place it inside an airtight container. When you are ready to serve and eat the cake, just take it out of the freezer and let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
More Cheesecake Recipes
- Healthier Caramel Apple Fall Cheesecake
- Easy No Crust Burnt Basque Cheesecake
- Caramel Cheesecake Brownies
- Creamy Mango Cheesecake
- Carrot Cake with Cheesecake Topping
- Classic New York Cheesecake
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.