There is something so completely satisfying about a thick, fudgy brownie. These caramel cheesecake brownies are totally indulgent and worth the effort, so toss that prepared brownie mix to the side and head to the store to grab these simple ingredients.
Regular cheesecake brownies on their own are delicious, but by splitting the cheesecake filling evenly between dark chocolate chips and caramel baking chips, well… it takes regular brownies to a whole new level! So much so, that it is going to be your new favorite brownie!
And perhaps the best part is that this is easy enough that you can make these with the kids, or anyone else in your life. It’s a perfect activity for staying in on a cool day (and for when you want a warm, gooey treat). If you want them to slice evenly into perfect squares, let the brownies cool completely before cutting into them. If, however, you prefer your brownies warm, sit around a table with the people you love most and eat straight out of the pan with a spoon! Best. Decision. Ever.
Caramel cheesecake brownies are totally indulgent and worth the effort, so toss that prepared brownie mix away and bake this with a few easy ingredients!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 ounces caramel chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl, then heat for 30 seconds until easily spreadable. Add the mascarpone, sugar, and flour, then whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 F and place rack in the middle position. Line an 8″ x 8″ baking pan with aluminum foil, then spray well with nonstick baking spray.
- Whisk together flour, espresso powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine chocolate and caramel chips with butter in a bowl, then microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted, stirring after each interval.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add the chocolate-caramel mixture, then whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture and fold until just combined.
- Pour all except 1/2 cup of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Top with cream cheese filling, and spread evenly along the top.
- Dollop the remaining brownie batter on top, then use the edge of a knife to swirl batter into cream cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick or cake tester inserted into the brownies comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 1 hour. Cut into 9 equal squares.