Caramel cheesecake brownies are totally indulgent and worth the effort, so toss that prepared brownie mix away and bake this with a few easy ingredients!
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 ounces caramel chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl, then heat for 30 seconds until easily spreadable. Add the mascarpone, sugar, and flour, then whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 F and place rack in the middle position. Line an 8" x 8" baking pan with aluminum foil, then spray well with nonstick baking spray.
- Whisk together flour, espresso powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine chocolate and caramel chips with butter in a bowl, then microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted, stirring after each interval.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add the chocolate-caramel mixture, then whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture and fold until just combined.
- Pour all except 1/2 cup of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Top with cream cheese filling, and spread evenly along the top.
- Dollop the remaining brownie batter on top, then use the edge of a knife to swirl batter into cream cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick or cake tester inserted into the brownies comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 1 hour. Cut into 9 equal squares.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes