This showstopping festive gingerbread bundt cake with maple cinnamon glaze and pecans is moist, soft, and fluffy, and packed with warm holiday spices.
- 2 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 + 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
Maple Cinnamon Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
Make the Gingerbread Bundt Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 10-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, all spice and salt in medium bowl, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl using a hand mixer to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, then add vanilla and molasses. Scrape down the sides as needed and beat until well mixed.
- Gradually add half of the dry ingredients to the bowl, and beat slowly until just combined. Add in yogurt and milk, and beat until combined. Then, gradually add remaining dry ingredients, scrape down the sides, and beat until mixed.
- Bake for 45-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean (the time depends on how hot your oven runs. Mine was done at 60 minutes). Let it cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then flip upside down and let the cake cool down on the wire rack completely.
Make the Maple Cinnamon Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and milk until smooth and creamy. If the icing is too thin, add in a little more sugar. If it is too thick, add in a little more milk. Also, if you prefer a stronger cinnamon taste, taste the glaze and then add another 1/4 teaspoon.
- Slowly drizzle the glaze over the cooled bundt cake and sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
How to store: Store this freshly baked gingerbread bundt cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
How to freeze: To freeze, place the baked and cooled gingerbread bundt into a freezer bag or airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To eat, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Once thawed, you can also warm it up in the microwave, oven, or air fryer at 300F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through, if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gingerbread bundt cake with maple cinnamon glaze and pecans, easy gingerbread bundt cake, glazed gingerbread bundt cake