Pumpkin mascarpone pie is a stunning and creative warm and cozy holiday dessert that is incredibly easy to make, totally delicious, and pure joy to consume. It's creamy, rich, and indulgent. Spend just minutes mixing the mascarpone cheese and pumpkin puree filling together with fall spices, then pour into a prepared pie crust, and bake. In fact, you may need to make two if you’re serving guests at Thanksgiving or any fall dinner because this pie disappears quickly!
Why You’ll Love Pumpkin Mascarpone Pie
- It’s so easy. For this pumpkin mascarpone pie, you’ll spend just 5 to 10 minutes making the batter and assembling the pie, and most of the time waiting for your pie to bake. If you’re impatient, this might seem like a long time, but if you’ve got other things to do, it's perfect! Take that hour for yourself, tidy up the house, or catch up on your shows. Me? I like to meal prep while waiting for a long bake.
- Pumpkin plus mascarpone. Mascarpone cheese has a very high fat content, which gives it a silken, velvety texture. Combine that with canned pumpkin puree, and you’ve basically got yourself a decadent pumpkin cheesecake filling in this pumpkin pie. You’ll love this flavor combination so much that you’ll need to make it every holiday season!
- It’s the perfect fall dessert. You might think fall is all about pumpkin spiced lattes, but that’s just because you haven’t tried this pumpkin spiced mascarpone pie. You’ll love the seasonal fall leaf decorations, the burnt orange color, and the warm and cozy flavor.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this delicious fall pumpkin mascarpone pie, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in the recipe card below):
- single pie crust - you can use homemade pie dough or make things easy with a store-bought pie crust.
- pumpkin puree - make sure you are using real pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- mascarpone cheese - This recipe works best with mascarpone cheese but you would substitute it for cream cheese for something similar.
- brown sugar - feel free to substitute with granulated sugar.
- pumpkin pie spice - you can substitute this with cinnamon.
- vanilla extract
- fresh lemon juice
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Mascarpone Pie
- Combine ingredients. In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, mascarpone cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, lemon juice, eggs, and salt. Mix well with an electric hand mixer or whisk until smooth and evenly combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble the pie. Fit the uncooked pie crust on a 9-inch pie dish and slowly add in the pumpkin filling. Smooth out the top using the an icing spatula or the back of a spoon. Take the dough scraps and cut out the decorated leaves and place them on top of the filling.
- Bake. Bake the pie in a 350F preheated oven for 1 hour until set. Let cool completely and serve with whipped cream and if desired.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How to store: Keep this pumpkin mascarpone pie refrigerated like you would mascarpone cheese. For best results, cover the pie with plastic cling wrap or keep it stored in an airtight container. You can serve pumpkin mascarpone pie right out of the refrigerator, or you can let it rest at room temperature before serving. Both are delicious!
- How to freeze: You can also easily freeze this pumpkin mascarpone pie either before or after baking. Carefully wrap it tightly with plastic cling wrap and store upright inside a freezer bag or airtight container. If freezing before, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking as per recipe instructions. If freezing after, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
More Fall Pie Recipes
- 50 Best Fall Desserts
- Pumpkin Pie
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Classic Pecan Pie
- Braided Lattice Apple Pie
- Pecan Pie Bars
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.