Pumpkin mascarpone pie is a warm and cozy holiday dessert that is incredibly easy to make with just minutes of prep work before popping into the oven.
- 1 (13.5 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- one single 9-inch pie crust, homemade or store-bought (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, mascarpone cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, lemon juice, eggs, and salt. Mix well with an electric hand mixer or whisk until smooth and evenly combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Fit the uncooked pie crust on a 9-inch pie dish and slowly add in the pumpkin filling. Smooth out the top using the an icing spatula or the back of a spoon. Take the dough scraps and cut out the decorated leaves and place them on top of the filling.
- Bake the pie for 1 hour until set. Let cool completely and serve with whipped cream and if desired.
How to store: Keep this pumpkin mascarpone pie refrigerated like you would mascarpone cheese. For best results, cover the pie with plastic cling wrap or keep it stored in an airtight container. You can serve pumpkin mascarpone pie right out of the refrigerator, or you can let it rest at room temperature before serving. Both are delicious!
How to freeze: You can also easily freeze this pumpkin mascarpone pie either before or after baking. Carefully wrap it tightly with plastic cling wrap and store upright inside a freezer bag or airtight container. If freezing before, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking as per recipe instructions. If freezing after, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Pie
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin mascarpone pie, pumpkin pie with mascarpone, how to make pumpkin pie, mascarpone pumpkin pie