This is one of the easiest and tastiest soups ever. With just a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, you will have yourself a delicious bowl of creamy cauliflower and garlic soup.
This soup is a dream. The key to this dream of a soup is caramelizing the vegetables. The combination of carmelized cauliflower, garlic and onion not only enhances the flavour, but it also gives the soup a gorgeous, golden colour.
And if you are one of those people who turn their nose at the mention of cauliflower, this soup will change how you feel about cauliflower. Take a chance and find yourself pleasantly surprised.
What is even more appealing about this soup is that you can have a big bowl completely guilt-free. When a head of cauliflower only has 150 calories and it's the main ingredient in the soup... it pretty much speaks for itself. The remaining calories come from a small portion of half and half and cheese which disappears in the entire pot of soup.
- I like my soup thick and creamy. To thin out the consistency, add some water. To thicken it, heat it on the stove until it has thickened up.
A handful of ingredients and a few simple steps makes creamy cauliflower and garlic soup one of the easiest and tastiest soups ever.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled whole
- 3 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh thyme leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- cream (drizzle)
- olive oil (drizzle)
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower, onion, and garlic and sauté until the vegetables have caramelized (roughly 15 minutes).
- Add stock and reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower florets are soft and tender.
- Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth. Add some water to get it going in the blender. Then, pour the soup back into the pot.
- Stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with optional toppings and serve immediately.
- Category: Soup