A handful of ingredients and a few simple steps makes creamy cauliflower and garlic soup one of the easiest and tastiest soups ever.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled whole
- 3 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh thyme leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- cream (drizzle)
- olive oil (drizzle)
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower, onion, and garlic and sauté until the vegetables have caramelized (roughly 15 minutes).
- Add stock and reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the cauliflower florets are soft and tender.
- Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth. Add some water to get it going in the blender. Then, pour the soup back into the pot.
- Stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with optional toppings and serve immediately.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: creamy cauliflower and garlic soup, cauliflower soup, cauliflower recipes, one pot soup, comfort food