Easy cornbread muffins just made your holiday dinner a whole lot easier. They take literally 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake. It's so easy that even the kids can help you make this side dish!
Seriously, who doesn't love freshly baked cornbread muffins or bread? I just baked these and they are cooling down right now in my kitchen and I can literally smell these as I am typing this post. It literally smells like sweet corn at the fair. All I can say is amazing! It's really hard to control myself right now to not start devouring these right now since I still need to take photos... send help!
That sweet corn smell comes from the fact that these cornbread muffins are full of corn, since they are made with not only crunchy cornmeal, but also with cooked corn kernels, and they are sweetened with honey. This combination of ingredients also causes these muffins come out so moist and fluffy with a little crunch from the cornmeal. Every. Single. Time. Just how they should be!
Plus, you don't have to wait for the holidays to make these. This is one of those sides that can be served pretty much all year round. We all know that they are an ideal side dish for a Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday feast, but they are also just as amazing as a snack for breakfast or lunch and, let's not forget, they are an essential part of any Southern-style summer barbecue.
Make for Later
These cornbread muffins are best served warmed with some butter spread on top or drizzled with honey. But if you don't finish all the muffins at your big holiday feast (a very rare occurrence in my life!), no need to worry. You can easily store these cornbread muffins for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator OR you can even freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Just thaw for a few hours to room temperature before heating up in the oven or microwave.
But like I said, having left-overs is a very rare occurrence in my life and I would be surprised if it isn't in yours! These tasted cornbread muffins usually disappear twice as fast as it took to make. Enjoy!
Easy cornbread muffins just made cooking a whole lot easier and tastier! These moist and fluffy muffins are made with cornmeal, cooked corn kernels, and sweetened with honey for a burst of flavor in every bite.
- 3/4 cup cornmeal (or polenta)
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cooked corn kernels (I used canned corn)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine milk, corn, butter, eggs, and honey and whisk together until mixed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into 12-cup muffin tray, and fill up each compartment 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve warm with butter or honey drizzled on top.
- Category: Bread