Easy cornbread muffins just made cooking a whole lot easier and tastier! These moist and fluffy muffins are made with cornmeal, cooked corn kernels, and sweetened with honey for a burst of flavor in every bite.
- 3/4 cup cornmeal (or polenta)
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup cooked corn kernels (I used canned corn)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tray with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine milk, corn, butter, eggs, and honey and whisk together until mixed.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into 12-cup muffin tray, and fill up each compartment 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and serve warm with butter or honey drizzled on top.
- You can store these cornbread muffins for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can also freeze these cornbread muffins for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Thaw for a few hours to room temperature before heating up in the oven or microwave.