Loaded with fresh ingredients, strawberry avocado salad with poppy seed dressing is the ultimate summer salad -- light, vibrant, fresh, sweet, and tangy.
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 cups strawberries, quartered or sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup poppy seed dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- pinch of salt and pepper (or more to taste)
- In a large mixing bowl or serving dish, combine salad greens, strawberries, avocado, feta, and pecans.
- For the poppy seed dressing, stir to combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the poppy seed dressing on top of the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
airtight containers. When ready to serve, chop up your avocado, pour the dressing on top and toss. The reason I would leave the avocado for the end is because depending on how long you store the salad, it could start to brown.To make this salad ahead of time, I would suggest prepping and chopping the vegetables (with the exception of avocado), make the dressing, and store in separate
How to store: Strawberry avocado salad is best served fresh. If you happen to have any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry avocado salad with poppy seed dressing, strawberry salad, strawberry avocado salad, berry salad