Air fryer Mexican shrimp is juicy, tender, fresh, and delicious. It's coated in classic Mexican flavors which packs on the flavor in every bite. The best part? It takes just 5 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to cook. It's so quick and easy -- the best way to enjoy a delicious meal on a busy weeknight. Serve it as is, over a plate of rice, or as a topping on your favorite tacos, salads, and more.
Why You'll Love Air Fryer Mexican Shrimp
- Quick and easy to make. This is one of the easiest air fryer recipes ever. You literally toss all your ingredients together, pop them into the air fryer, and enjoy in about 10 minutes.
- Healthy and nutritious. Shrimp is something you will feel good about feeding to your family. It's a type of seafood that is packed with nutrients, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids, provided lots of health benefits.
- So many ways to serve. You can serve this shrimp on its own with fresh cilantro sprinkled on top or with a side of Cilantro Lime Rice. You can also used it for Shrimp Tacos with Lime Cilantro Slaw, Shrimp Taco Salad, or Shrimp Avocado Tostadas. The options are endless!
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this delicious and easy shrimp taco salad, you will need an air fryer and the following ingredients:
- shrimp - You will need one pound of white shrimp. To prepare them, use scissors to cut through the shell along the back of the prawns, and remove the shells and tails. Rinse to remove the veins and pat dry with paper towel.
- olive oil
- ground cumin
- chili powder - optional for a spicy kick
- garlic powder
- dried oregano - or substitute this with Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
How to Make the Best Air Fryer Shrimp
- Prepare the shrimp. In a medium bowl, add shrimp, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes (if you have the time).
- Cook the shrimp. Transfer the shrimp into the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket once halfway through.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How to store: Leftover shrimp will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container. Allow it to cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator.
- How to reheat shrimp: Reheat in a skillet over medium-low heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes, or in the microwave for about 1 minute. You can also reheat in a preheated oven or air fryer at 300F for about 5 minutes until warmed through. Reheating can cause the shrimp to be a little drier than when served fresh. You can also eat leftovers cold on a salad.
- Alternate cooking methods: You can cook this shrimp in the oven by spreading it evenly on a parchment-lined quarter sheet baking pan and baking in a 400 F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the shrimp turns pink. You can also cook over the stovetop by sautéing over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until shrimp turns pink and nicely browned.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Jumbo Shrimp
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Roasted Garlic Green Beans (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Stir Fry with Tofu
For more Mexican-inspired recipes, check out these 30 Best Mexican Recipes.
For more shrimp recipes, check out the 30 Best Shrimp Recipes.
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.