Air fryer Mexican shrimp is juicy, tender, fresh, and delicious. It's packed with classic Mexican flavors and ready in just 10 minutes. So quick and easy.
- 1 lb. white shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional for a kick)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, add shrimp, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes (if you have the time).
- Transfer the shrimp into the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket once halfway through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro on top and serve.
Leftover shrimp will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container. Allow it to cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator.
How to reheat shrimp: Reheat in a skillet over medium-low heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes, or in the microwave for about 1 minute. You can also reheat in a preheated oven or air fryer at 300F for about 5 minutes until warmed through. Reheating can cause the shrimp to be a little drier than when served fresh. You can also eat leftovers cold on a salad.
Alternate cooking methods: You can cook this shrimp in the oven by spreading it evenly on a parchment-lined quarter sheet baking pan and baking in a 400 F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the shrimp turns pink. You can also cook over the stovetop by sautéing over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until shrimp turns pink and nicely browned.
- Category: Shrimp
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: air fryer mexican shrimp, how to cook shrimp in the air fryer, air fryer shrimp tacos, mexican shrimp in the air fryer, air fryer recipes