This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CanadianTire #QuakerState #CollectiveBias
If you are running out of ideas to make for your BBQ picnic this summer, look no more! Nothing completes the perfect summer barbecue more than juicy and tender beef shish kebabs. They are as amazing to look at as they are to eat! Meat and vegetables on a stick? Where do we sign up?
But before you head out to that summer picnic, make sure you do an oil change so that you can have a relaxing and stress-free day. Quaker State® Ultimate Durability™ Full Synthetic Motor Oil is the go-to motor oil for my car. Why? Well it all comes down to three “m’s”… more durability, more engine life, and more performance. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that it is reasonably priced! I picked mine up at my local Canadian Tire, the ultimate one stop shop for all your automotive and home needs!
Once my oil is changed, I can focus on preparing these juicy beef shish kebabs, stress-free! The beef steaks are marinated in a lovely blend of cilantro, mixed herbs and garlic powder. Be sure to also toss your vegetables in little olive oil before skewering to prevent them shrivelling up and drying out on the BBQ.
Once marinated and skewered, these beef shish kebabs take 10-15 minutes to be grilled to perfection! All you have to worry about is figuring out what dishes to serve alongside these. How about some couscous or rice, roasted corn, a fresh green salad, or just on their own with a tall glass of refreshing sparkling strawberry lemonade? Yes, please!
This recipe is perfect for 2 people, but If you are planning to make more, simply double or triple the recipe below. Go wild!
These kebabs can be relatively lean when using beef steak which are trimmed of visible fat. But if you are watching your hips very closely, this recipe will work equally well with lean chicken breasts. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time to ensure that the chicken is cooked properly and thoroughly.
Nothing completes the perfect summer barbecue than juicy and tender beef shish kebabs. Grilled in only 10-15 minutes!
- 14 oz. beef steak (400g), diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 8 white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, add steak, olive oil, cider vinegar, dried herbs, garlic powder, ground coriander and smoked paprika. Use your hands to massage the marinade into the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cover and leave in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible.
- In a large bowl, add bell peppers, mushroom and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine
- Skewer the meat and vegetables onto your kebab sticks and prepare the BBQ.
- Grill the shish kebabs for 10-15 minutes, turning every few minutes to ensure even cooking. Depending on how you like your meat cooked, keep it on for longer, or remove it sooner – but you want to ensure that the peppers soften and caramelise sufficiently.
Canadian Tire is made for life in Canada. Pick your bottle of Quaker State® Ultimate Durability™ Full Synthetic Motor Oil at your local Canadian Tire in the automobile aisle. You can also purchase it online. Use the oil necessary for your car, as specified in your owner’s manual and be sure to check local Canadian Tire stores for availability!