Homemade strawberry frozen yogurt is a healthy dessert that is delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day, or any day you are craving a cool sweet treat. It's one that you can feel good about eating especially because it contains 4 simple ingredients that you recognize, has no refined sugar, and is much more convenient (and cheaper!) that going out to buy store-bought froyo. I am talking about under 5 minutes kind of convenience. So what are you waiting for?
Why You’ll Love Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- You only need four simple ingredients. All you need to make this recipe is frozen strawberries, a sweetener, plain yogurt, and lemon juice. Unlike froyo that you buy at an ice cream parlor which likely contains a large amount of sugar, preservatives, and other ingredients that you won't even recognize.
- Way better than store-bought. Replacing your ice cream habit or froyo runs with this healthy recipe will save you time and money—not to mention calories! Plus, its versatile, so you can switch up the flavors with whatever frozen fruit you've got.
- It takes less than 5 minutes. This strawberry frozen yogurt is a quick and easy recipe that is ready to indulge in in less than five minutes. All you need to do is pop it in a blender or food processor, and enjoy!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- strawberries - frozen strawberries will work best. If using fresh strawberries, you will need to freeze the mixture for a few hours to let it set and it will be more icy vs. creamy. With frozen strawberries, you can serve immediately with the perfect creamy texture.
- Greek yogurt - Greek yogurt will give this recipe extra creaminess, but you can also substitute it with regular plain yogurt.
- honey - for extra sweetness, if needed. You can substitute this with maple syrup or agave syrup.
- lemon juice
You can use this recipe as a base for any flavor of frozen yogurt that you are craving. Don’t be afraid to get creative. Consider adding or substituting other frozen fruits, like blueberries, cherries, blackberries, raspberries, peaches, and mangos.
How to Make the Best Homemade Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
This five minute blender recipe is super easy to make in just minutes. First, add all the ingredients into a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth to a desired consistency, about 4-5 minutes in the food processor, and 30 seconds in the blender (be careful not to overblend as it will get too soft).
Then, just serve. You can also transfer the frozen yogurt into an airtight container or loaf pan and freeze for 15-20 minutes if you prefer it firmer.
More Frozen Treats
- 3-Ingredient Peach Sorbet
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream with Strawberry Jam
- Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Blackberry Milkshake
- Watermelon Basil Sorbet
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Homemade strawberry frozen yogurt is a delicious, refreshing, healthy dessert made with 4 simple ingredients, no refined sugar, and in less than 5 minutes.
- 4 cups strawberries, frozen
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add the frozen strawberries, yogurt, honey and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth to a desired consistency, about 4-5 minutes in the food processor or 30 seconds in the blender (be careful not to overblend as it will get too soft).
- Serve immediately or transfer the frozen yogurt into an airtight container or loaf pan and freeze for 15-20 minutes until firm enough to scoop. You can store the frozen yogurt in an ice cube tray, and then transfer to a freezer bag for easy portions.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American