Nothing is more refreshing on a hot summer day that a popsicle. But why fill your freezer with the store-bought kind that is saturated with all that processed sugar and preservatives? You don't need to feed that stuff to your kids when it is soo easy to make skinny strawberries and cream popsicles at home using fresh fruit and Greek yogurt!
Can you believe these popsicles only need 4 ingredients to make?
Just look at that gorgeous colour and those gorgeous layers. If you are crunched for time and can't be bothered layering these popsicles, you can combine all the ingredients together and just pour into the molds. Either way, sometimes I think that these are just too pretty to eat. And then I remember how hot it is outside and my cravings kind of take over. Thank goodness that this is actually healthy for you!
But before you can get started, you will need to invest in a popsicle mold. This is the popsicle mold that I use. I just love the shape that it creates, love that it uses disposable wooden sticks (for sanitary purposes), love its durability and that it is BPA-free. I seriously have no complaints!
Skinny Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 popsicles
It is time to say good-bye to the store-bought stuff and make skinny strawberries and cream popsicles at home using fresh fruit and Greek yogurt!
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup, divided
- 1 and ½ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- Puree sliced strawberries in a blender and add 2 tablespoons of honey. Blend until combined. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine Greek yogurt, remaining honey, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Stir in the diced strawberries.
- Scoop two tablespoons of strawberry puree mixture into each popsicle mold. Scoop two tablespoons of Greek yogurt mixture into each popsicle mold. Repeat until popsicle molds are evenly filled to the top.
- Place molds in the freezer and freeze until set, at least 8 hours or overnight (recommended).
- Once popsicles are ready, run the mold under warm water for about 20 seconds to help loosen the popsicles and serve!
- You can also skip the layering process, combine all the ingredients together and pour into the molds.
- If your popsicle mold requires wooden sticks, freeze for an hour first and then insert the sticks. This will keep them in place and prevent them from floating to the top. Then continue to freeze for another 7 hours or overnight.
- You can try this recipe using other kinds of berries.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 hours (to freeze)
- Category: Dessert
I love that these are healthy too!
sara | belly rumbles says
These are the perfect summer treat. So much better than store bought.
Bintu - Recipes From A Pantry says
These look so refreshing. Love that you have made them with yogurt, so much better for you than cream
Jessie Gunaseelan says
Would be an awesome treat for summer
Mmmm these sound so good! You could use fat free yogurt too for an even lighter treat!