Homemade strawberry popsicles are healthy, refreshing, and sweet. These delicious frozen treats are packed with fresh, ripe strawberries, contain no refined sugar or artificial dyes, and are absolutely delicious. They are easy to make with just 4 simple ingredients, and are completely customizable with whatever flavor you are craving. The perfect ice pops for a hot summer day.
Why You'll Love Strawberry Popsicles
- Quick and easy with simple ingredients. All you need to make this recipe is 5 minutes of prep, a blender, a popsicle mold, and 4 simple ingredients: is frozen strawberries, honey, yogurt, and lemon juice. Oh, and some space in your freezer too of course!
- Healthier than store-bought. Homemade popsicles are so much healthier than store-bought ones or from the ice cream truck, which typically contain large amounts of sugar, artificial dyes, and other unrecognizable ingredients —not to mention extra calories.
- They are versatile. You can change up the flavor completely and substitute the strawberries with any type of fruit that you have one hand. Try mangos, blueberries, or peaches. The options are limitless.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make these cool and refreshing strawberry popsicles, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities are in the recipe box below):
- plain Greek yogurt - yogurt adds a hint of creaminess to these popsicles. For an icier popsicle, and a dairy-free/vegan option, just replace this with a cup of water. For extra creaminess, add in up to ¼ cup of heavy cream in addition to the yogurt.
- honey - honey compliments the fresh strawberries and adds just the right hint of sweetness. For a vegan option, you can substitute this with granulated sugar.
- lemon juice - adds a little zing. You can feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
How to Make the Best Strawberry Popsicles
- Puree ingredients. Add strawberries, yogurt, honey, and cream (if using) into a blender or food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Fill popsicle molds. Slowly pour the strawberry mixture into popsicle molds until it almost fills to the top, leaving about ¼-inch off the rim. Close the lid and add popsicle sticks.
- Freeze. Transfer to the freezer until frozen completely, at least 4 hours or overnight.
How to Store
Store homemade popsicles in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, run the popsicle mold under hot water for a few seconds to loosen the popsicles from the mold for easy release.
More Ice Cream Recipes
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Crumb Bars
- Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Bread
- Strawberry Avocado Salad
- Healthy Strawberries and Cream Popsicles
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Homemade strawberry popsicles are healthy, refreshing, and sweet. Made with just 4 ingredients, they're packed with fresh strawberries and no refined sugar.
- 4 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen, hulled
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add strawberries, yogurt, honey, and lemon juice into a blender or food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Slowly pour the strawberry mixture into popsicle molds until it almost fills to the top, leaving about ¼-inch off the rim. Close the lid and add popsicle sticks.
- Transfer to the freezer until frozen completely, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, run the popsicle mold under hot water for a few seconds to loosen the popsicles from the mold for easy release.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Freeze Time: 4 hours
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry yogurt popsicles, strawberry popsicles with yogurt, strawberry ice lollies, strawberry ice pop, yogurt popsicles with strawberries