It’s my nephew’s first birthday today which calls for a major celebration! No party, gathering, barbecue or picnic is complete without a pitcher of refreshing sparkling strawberry lemonade!
Sparkling strawberry lemonade is made with fresh fruit and a little bit of sugar. Not like the store-bought kind which has so much sugar and dyes. This version gets its beautiful colour from gorgeous fresh strawberries. And to make it extra pretty, we have added in some sliced strawberries. You can also add some lemon slices to make it even more colourful!
I need to stop right now and pour myself another glass.
Plus, this stuff is healthy for you! When you have lemons and strawberries, it is a no brainer that this lemonade will be packed with Vitamin C. But what else does this drink contain? Let’s break it down a little.
If you didn’t already know, lemons are kind of a superfood packed with vitamins and minerals. They help with digestion, prevents kidney stones, prevents cancer, and can reduce blood pressure. And don’t get me started on strawberries. They also contain lots of vitamins and minerals. They are high in folate, great for digestion, high in antioxidants, boosts your immune system, and helps reduce cholesterol.
I can seriously go on and on!
Complete your summer party, barbecue or picnic with a sweet, refreshing pitcher of sparkling strawberry lemonade, made with real fruit!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups strawberries, stems removed
- 4 cups sparkling water
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Stir in lemon juice and remove from heat. Let mixture cool completely.
- Blend 1 and 1/2 cups strawberries until smooth. Remove and strain through a fine mesh sieve if desired.
- Whisk strawberry puree, sugar mixture, and sparkling water together in a large pitcher.
- Place in refrigerator until completely cool.
- Slice remaining strawberries and add to lemonade. Add ice and serve!
For a non-carbonated water, simply substitute the sparkling water with regular water.