When it's a hot summer day and it's officially peach season, it's kind of a no brainer that simple homemade peach iced tea is number one on my cravings list. So refreshing, so peachy, so sweet and so perfect.
Here in beautiful British Columbia, we are lucky to get fresh and juicy locally harvested peaches. The peaches grow in the interior in a region called the Okanagan. Every summer, my family and I usually head out to the Okanagan to collect the delicious seasonal fruits... peaches, cherries, apples, pears... (my mouth is watering right now). You can visit the farms and purchase freshly picked peaches or you can grab a bucket and pick your own peaches! Unfortunately we headed up a little early this year so we weren't able to pick our own. But, that's ok, because these fruits make their way into the local grocery stores when the time is right! aka. now 🙂
Simple homemade peach iced tea is just perfect. The hardest part is not eating spoonfuls of the peach mixture when you are cooking it. It seriously smells like a pot of fuzzy peaches. You will know what I am talking about once you try making this yourself!
So make a batch and pour yourself a glass. Cheers!
Simple homemade peach iced tea is the perfect summer drink. So refreshing, so peachy, so sweet and so perfect.
- 3 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 7 and 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons loose leaf tea or 2 tea bags (black or green tea)
- In a medium saucepan, combine peaches, sugar and 1 and 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Every 5 minutes, stir and crush peaches into the mixture.
- Pour the peach mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the peach puree through a sieve or fine mesh strainer to strain out the peaches. Pour into pitcher and set aside.
- Bring remaining 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add the tea and brew according to package directions (approximately 4-5 minutes). Once brewed, strain out the tea leaves or remove the tea bags and transfer to the pitcher. Stir to combine and refrigerate until cool.
- Once cool, give the mixture a quick stir, add ice cubes and peach slices and serve!
- Category: Drink