Wondering what to bring to a potluck? When it comes to potluck food, you need recipes that are easy to make ahead, easy to store, and easy to transport. Whether you’re tasked with preparing picnic recipes for a family gathering or a dish for a barbecue with friends or work potluck, we are here to help make things easier for you. We are sharing over 30 of the most popular and best potluck recipes including pasta salads, dips, bite-sized snacks, platters, and more, so that you don't have to search for any further potluck ideas.
Best Potluck Recipes
- 60+ Summer Dinner Ideas
- 40 Best Salad Recipes
- 25 Best BBQ Side Dishes
- 20 Best Dip Recipes
- 40 Best Pasta Recipes
- 40 Best Summer Desserts
Did You Make Any of These Potluck Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of potluck recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Wondering what food to bring to a potluck? We are sharing over 30 best potluck recipes including pasta salads, dips, bite-sized snacks, platters, and more. One of my favorite potluck recipes is this Italian Pasta Salad.
- ½ lb. pasta, uncooked
- 3 oz. salami (about 80 grams)
- 1 + ½ cup grape tomatoes (1 pint), halved
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ cup kalamata black olives, halved
- 4 oz. bocconcini mozzarella balls, halved
- 1 + ½ tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup Italian dressing, homemade or store-bought
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional, for serving)
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes or according to package instructions. Drain and rinse pasta under cold water to stop the cooking process and to cool the pasta down.
- Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl or serving bowl. If not assembling the salad immediately, add some olive oil and toss together to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Otherwise, add remaining ingredients. Pour Italian salad dressing on top, and toss to combine.
- You can serve immediately with Parmesan on top, or cover the bowl tightly with plastic cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This will allow all the flavours to infuse into each other. When ready to serve, give the salad a good toss and add a little more dressing, if desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: 25 best potluck recipes, potluck recipes, what to bring to a potluck, potluck food, picnic recipes