Simple homemade peach iced tea is the perfect summer drink. So refreshing, so peachy, so sweet and so perfect.
- 3 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 7 and 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons loose leaf tea or 2 tea bags (black or green tea)
- In a medium saucepan, combine peaches, sugar and 1 and 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Every 5 minutes, stir and crush peaches into the mixture.
- Pour the peach mixture into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour the peach puree through a sieve or fine mesh strainer to strain out the peaches. Pour into pitcher and set aside.
- Bring remaining 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add the tea and brew according to package directions (approximately 4-5 minutes). Once brewed, strain out the tea leaves or remove the tea bags and transfer to the pitcher. Stir to combine and refrigerate until cool.
- Once cool, give the mixture a quick stir, add ice cubes and peach slices and serve!