Mango frozen yogurt is the creamy, fruity, and refreshing frozen treat that you have been craving. With just a handful of simple ingredients including mango and yogurt, and a couple of minutes of time, this froyo is incredibly easy to make at home. Plus, this dessert is so much better than store-bought processed ice cream because it's healthy and nutritious, has no refined sugars, and takes minimal effort to make.
Why You’ll Love Mango Frozen Yogurt
- A healthy alternative to ice cream. Mango frozen yogurt is a treat that is essentially low-fat yogurt disguised as ice cream. And it's pretty commonly known that froyo is a much healthier option than ice cream. You gain protein, but without the extra calories or processed sugars that make you crash when you have ice cream.
- Homemade frozen yogurt is so easy to make. If you’ve ever craved some fresh frozen yogurt but didn’t want to leave the house, then this is the perfect solution. It’s the easiest recipe to make. You just need to throw all the ingredients into the blender and your froyo is ready in seconds. Plus, you can make it ahead and enjoy it weeks later.
- It’s dessert for breakfast? Dessert for breakfast is usually frowned upon, but this mango frozen yogurt is not only perfect for a sweet treat after dinner, but it is great (and healthy!) for a quick breakfast. You could even convert it to a Healthy Mango Yogurt Smoothie by throwing some into the blender and and diluting it with more yogurt.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- mangos - I recommend using frozen mango chunks for the best immediate results. If using fresh mango, you will need to freeze the mixture for a few hours to let it set and it will be more icy instead of creamy.
- plain yogurt - plain yogurt is perfect for making frozen yogurt. You can also substitute with Greek yogurt for an extra creamy texture.
- honey - for extra sweetness, if needed. You can substitute this with maple syrup or agave syrup.
- lime juice - you can easily substitute with lemon juice.
- ground cinnamon - cinnamon helps to balance out all the flavors. It is completely optional though.
The best part about this mango frozen yogurt? You can add in different fruit (keeping the ratio of fruit to yogurt the same) or add in some peanut butter, nuts, or chocolate.
How to Make the Best Mango Frozen Yogurt
To make this quick treat, add all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth to a desired consistency, about 4-5 minutes in the food processor or 30 seconds in the blender (be careful not to overblend as it can get too soft and start melting).
Serve immediately or transfer the frozen yogurt into an airtight container or loaf pan and freeze for 15-20 minutes until firm enough to scoop. You can store the frozen yogurt in an ice cube tray, and then transfer to a freezer bag for easy portions.
How to Store
- Use this recipe as a base: Even though this recipe is for mango frozen yogurt, you can use it as a base to make any kind of fruit froyo. Just substitute the mango with the same amount of your favorite frozen fruit. Try strawberries, blueberries, cherries, peaches, blackberries, or raspberries.
- How to store: Mango frozen yogurt will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for weeks, but it's best eaten within 3-4 weeks of freezing. After that, it starts to lose some of its creaminess. If you find that it is too hard to scoop, then let it sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before scooping with an ice cream scoop.
More Mango Recipes
- Mango Pineapple Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- Creamy Mango Cheesecake
- Mango Salsa
- Thai Mango Salad
- Healthy Mango Yogurt Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.