When you buy a big crate of peaches, you not only eat them on their own but you start including them in a ton of recipes. Today, it's 3-ingredient peach sorbet. That's a whole of yum.
I love using fresh fruit in recipes and I have to admit that sorbets are probably my favourite dessert to prepare this time of year. They are so simply to prepare, especially if it only requires 3 ingredients like this peach sorbet does. Peaches, sugar and lime juice. Yup, that is it. The sugar and lime juice are there to showcase and enhance the sweet and fragrant flavour of succulent ripe peaches.
Peaches are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals which help facilitate healthy bodily functions such as digestion, metabolism, nervous system and cholesterol level regulation. It also promotes eye and skin heath and cellular health. Peaches also have high antioxidant properties which strengthens our immune system and assists in preventing diseases.
Basically, you can't go wrong with this dessert. It is perfect as a refreshing snack or as the perfect ending to a delicious meal. Enjoy!
With only a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, 3-ingredient peach sorbet is the perfect summer treat!
- 3 lbs. peaches, sliced with skin on
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch of salt, to taste (optional)
- Puree all the ingredients in a blender.
- Strain the mixture though a fine mesh sieve into a loaf pan or shallow dish.
- Cover and freeze for 3 hours.
- Take out of the freezer and break the ice crystals down with a spatula.
- Cover and freeze for another 3 hours.
- You can use fresh or frozen peaches