Smooth, sweet and refreshing 3-ingredient peach sorbet can be made with just a few minutes prep and without an ice cream maker! It's dairy-free and vegan.
- 5 medium peaches, sliced with skin on (about 5 cups or 750 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Puree all the ingredients in a heavy-duty blender for 1-2 minutes on high until smooth and peaches are completely liquified. If your blender does not fully puree the skin, and you don't want to have little bits of skin in your sorbet, then strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch loaf pan, or a shallow dish. Cover and freeze for 6-7 hours, until fully set.
Peaches: You can use fresh or frozen peaches interchangeably with this recipe. Canned peaches do not work as well.
Skin vs. no skin: You can peel the skin if you prefer. I leave the skin on because it's easier and it completely purees in my Vitamix blender. If you don't have a heavy-duty blender that fully purees the skin, and you don't want to have little bits of skin in your sorbet, then strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, or peel the peaches before pureeing.
Refined sugar-free: Sugar is really important in sorbet because it is what give the sorbet its creamy texture. Without it, you will have a large frozen popsicle. You can use honey instead for a refined sugar-free option. The pureed mixture will taste quite sweet, but freezing will dull the sweetness. If you don't want to add any sugar, you don't have to (especially if you are using very overripe peaches). Just set the sorbet out on your kitchen counter for 10 minutes before serving. That way it will melt down enough so that you can scoop it out.
How to store sorbet: You can store sorbet in a sealed container in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (+6 hours freezing time)
- Category: Sorbet
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach sorbet, peach ice cream, vegan ice cream, fruit sorbet, vegan sorbet, peach dessert