With only a handful of ingredients and a few simple steps, 3-ingredient peach sorbet is the perfect summer treat!
- 5 medium peaches, sliced with skin on (about 5 cups or 750 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Puree all the ingredients in a heavy-duty blender for 1-2 minutes on high until smooth and peaches are completely liquified. If your blender does not fully puree the skin, and you don't want to have little bits of skin in your sorbet, then strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch loaf pan, or a shallow dish. Cover and freeze for 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer, and whisk sorbet to a slushy consistency. Then cover and return to the freezer for another 3-4 hours, until fully set.
- Peaches: You can use fresh or frozen peaches interchangeably with this recipe. Canned peaches does not work as well.
- Skin vs. no skin: You can peel the skin if you prefer. I leave the skin on because it's easier and it completely purees in my Vitamix blender. If you don't have a heavy-duty blender that fully purees the skin, and you don't want to have little bits of skin in your sorbet, then strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, or peel the peaches before pureeing.
- Refined sugar-free: You can use 3 tablespoons of honey instead, or leave out the sugar completely. If you are using overripe peaches, then you probably don't even need to add any extra sweetening. In that case, I would suggest blending up the fruit first and tasting it. Then adding sugar or honey, to taste.
- Whisking the sorbet halfway: Whisking halfway ensures that you get a creamy sorbet, rather than one that resembles more of a popsicle consistency. Normally, you would have to add a lot more sugar to the sorbet to get a creamy consistency.
- How to store sorbet: You can store sorbet in a sealed container in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Category: Sorbet
Keywords: peach sorbet, peach ice cream, vegan ice cream