I scream, you scream, we all scream.... SORBET! Nothing cools you down better in the summer than a bowl of ice-cold lemon turmeric sorbet. Just typing out those words makes me feel more refreshed already!
I am obsessed with making sorbets in the summertime because they are so easy, you can make them super healthy and they taste AH-mazing!! I have made watermelon basil sorbet, peach sorbet, and now it's time to share lemon turmeric sorbet with the world!!
Lemon and Turmeric
This sorbet has got health benefits written all over it. I mean it is made with the healthiest ingredients – lemons, turmeric, and honey.
- Lemons - full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Lemons are known to prevent diabetes, constipation, high blood pressure, fever, and indigestion; is beneficial to our skin, hair, and teeth; and helps batter cancer.
- Turmeric - also a powerful antioxidant that has been proven to fight against a number of diseases including arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, ulcers, and again. . . cancer. Regular intake of turmeric has also been shown to regulate blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and boost the immune system.
Plus, the fact that these ingredients are available all-year round, are fairly cheap, and only takes a few minutes to put this sorbet together means that I will be making this all-year round! Who needs high-calorie ice cream when you can have a bucket of health in your freezer!
So, got some good juicy lemons lying-around in your kitchen? Get your ingredients ready and simply throw everything in the blender. In a few hours, you’ll be rewarded with a very refreshing dessert that’s unbelievably healthy.
And if all the health benefits and simplicity of this recipe doesn't inspire you enough to prepare this lemon turmeric sorbet, just think of how much better homemade tastes over store-bought... it just doesn't compare. you will have to try it to find out! 🙂
Lemon Turmeric Sorbet
- Total Time: 2 minute
- Yield: 4-6 servings
Grab a few easy ingredients, throw them in the blender and in a fews hours, a refreshing and unbelievably healthy lemon turmeric sorbet will be all set and ready for digging in!!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Transfer into a covered container and leave for 4 hours in the freezer.
- Take the sorbet out of the freezer and whisk to a slushy consistency.
- Return to the freezer and leave to fully set overnight.
We've kept this dessert dairy-free, but if you want an even creamier treat, just add some milk or yogurt into the blend, and voila! You've got a creamer sorbet.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes + 8 hours freezing time
has anyone tried to substitute and use coconut water instead of plain water???