Nutella mousse cups are rich, creamy, airy, and delicious. Whipped together in just minutes with a handful of ingredients before it's ready to set in the refrigerator, this no bake dessert is easier to make than you think! With nutella as the main ingredient, this treat has it all — chocolately, nutty, sweet, and so good. Plus, it stores well and is freezer-friendly so you can make a big batch ahead of time to satisfy any last minute sugar cravings that are bound to pop up. Perfect for Valentine's Day, Date Night, or any time you are want to serve something sweet.
Why You'll Love Nutella Mousse Cups
- Quick and easy to make. For a dessert that seems really complicated to make, nutella mouse cups are so easy to make. If you haven't made homemade mousse before, then you are in for a treat. It comes together in literally minutes with a handful of ingredients before it's ready to be set in the refrigerator.
- Nutella is the main ingredient. If you don't already know, I am obsessed with Nutella (like these Nutella Crepes or Nutella Buttercream Frosting). I have been enjoying it since I was a child in Spain. Nutella is everywhere there. My mom would always buy me buns spread with Nutella. Yes, they sell packaged bread already spread with Nutella over there! But when I moved to Canada, these Nutella buns were non-existent. It wasn't until my teen years that I discovered Nutella again.
- No bake dessert. Eating Nutella in the form of mousse? Well, that is when you know life can't get any better. This mousse is so light, airy, creamy and rich that it's hard to put down.
To make this easy and delicious Nutella Mousse Cups, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- cream cheese - you can substitute this with mascarpone cheese.
- vanilla extract - since this is a no bake recipe, I recommend using non-alcoholic vanilla extract.
- heavy cream - also called whipping cream.
- granulated sugar
- cocoa powder - use unsweetened cocoa powder as we are already getting a lot of sweetness from the nutella and sugar.
Feel free to serve the nutella mousse in individual cups as is. You can also top them with your favorite toppings. Try:
- whipped cream and shaved chocolate or mini chocolate chips
- ferrero rocher chocolates and raspberries
- whipped cream and sprinkles (customize the colors based on a holiday that you are serving this during)
You will also need measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and hand mixer.
How to Make the Best Nutella Mousse Cups
- Beat cheese and nutella. In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer and beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add Nutella and vanilla extract and continue to beat until everything is smooth and fully blended together. Rinse the tongs on your mixer.
- Beat remaining ingredients. In a separate smaller mixing bowl, whip the cream using your hand mixer set on low-medium speed until you form soft peaks. Add the sugar and cocoa powder and set the mixer to high and continue to whip until you reach stiff peaks.
- Combine. Gently fold the whipping cream mixture into the Nutella/cream cheese mixture until fully combined with no streaks visible.
- Refrigerate to set. Transfer the mousse into individual sized serving cups. You can pipe them to make the transfer easier. At this stage, the mousse will be very soft. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the mousse set. If you have time, leave it overnight.
- Serve. Serve as it or top off the mouse with your favorite toppings such as whipped cream and shaved chocolate or Ferrero Rocher chocolates.
- How to store: To store these nutella mousse cups, cover them tightly with plastic cling wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- How to freeze: You can also freeze mousse for up to one month in an airtight container. Allow it to thaw overnight in the fridge before eating.
More Chocolate Desserts
- 45 Best Chocolate Desserts
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Fudgy Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
- Peppermint Bark
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.
Don't forget to sign up for my email newsletter so that you don't miss any recipes. You can also follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more recipe updates.
Nutella Mousse Cups
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- Diet: Vegetarian
Nutella mousse cups are rich, creamy, airy, and delicious. No bake and whipped together in just minutes with a few ingredients before it's ready to chill.
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup nutella
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer and beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add Nutella and vanilla extract and continue to beat until everything is smooth and fully blended together.
- In a separate smaller mixing bowl, whip the cream using your hand mixer set on low-medium speed until you form soft peaks. Add the sugar and cocoa powder and set the mixer to high and continue to whip until you reach stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the whipping cream mixture into the Nutella/cream cheese mixture until fully combined with no streaks visible.
- Transfer the mousse into individual sized serving cups. You can pipe them to make the transfer easier. At this stage, the mousse will be very soft. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the mousse set. If you have time, leave it overnight.
- Serve as it or top off the mouse with your favorite toppings such as whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nutella mousse cups, nutella mousse, chocolate mousse, how to make mousse, nutella recipes
Hi, I would like to make these and was hoping you had the metric measurements as cup sizes differ on Australia.
Sam Hu | Ahead of Thyme says
Hi Nancy, sorry I do not have the metric measurements. I will make a note of it when I decide to update the post. In the meantime, you could try looking them up online.
Sara Cunha says
Hi Nancy, I want to make it too and I had to make the metric measurements because I'm in Europe so if I'm still on time to give you my measurements
113g cream cheese, softened
160g heavy cream
15g granulated sugar
8g cocoa powder, unsweetened
Hi. Would I be able to add crushed Oreos or biscuits in the bottom of the cup for that recipe? Thank you
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
OMG YES! That would be amazing. Great idea!
These were heaven. Thank you for such an easy recipe!
Yum! Just made this and it is delicious! I will definitely double the recipe next time, as I wanted to eat it all by myself, haha! I did not have cream cheese, and used mascarpone cheese instead, and it was perfect! Thank you for this delicious recipe! 🙂
James Kiester says
Looks pretty easy, which is always a plus.
Sam | Ahead of Thyme says
Yes, I agree 🙂