Say hello to your new favourite weeknight meal. Quick and easy, pan-fried garlic prawns with soy sauce, garlic, and green onions is a simple Chinese stir-fry dinner bursting with so much flavour that can be served, from prep to table, in under 15 minutes. Mind blown.
It takes about 5 minutes to prep and less than 10 minutes to cook. No joke. In 10 minutes, you can make an impressive, mouth-watering, flavourful seafood meal for yourself, or your family and friends.
Ingredients in Garlic Soy Sauce Prawns
- vegetable oil - essential for stir-frying.
- prawns - 10 prawns, peeled and deveined. This is a small batch meal perfect for one person.
- sauce - made with soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, brown sugar
- garlic - adds flavour.
- water - keeps the sauce from drying out during the cooking process.
- green onions - added at the end for flavour.
How to Make Pan-Fried Garlic Prawns with Soy Sauce
- Make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, cooking wine and brown sugar. Stir and set aside.
- Stir-fry. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add garlic and sauté over medium heat until it starts to brown. Add prawns and sauce (from step 1). Stir for 1 minute. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. When you are flipping the prawns halfway, add the water.
- Serve. Add green onions and serve.
How to Serve Soy Sauce Garlic Prawns
This is a small batch recipe perfect for one or two people (10 prawns). You can easily double or triple the recipe to serve a crowd. I love to serve these prawns on their own as an appetizer or as full-on meal over some coconut rice, fried rice or noodles. They are also really good with mashed potatoes.
More Prawn Recipes
- Tiger Prawns in Garlic Ginger Soy Sauce
- 10-Minute Seafood Fried Rice with Prawns
- Thai Coconut Red Curry with Prawns