When it comes to weeknight menu planning, meatballs reign supreme. Say good-bye to slaving away for hours in the kitchen and hello to dinner in under 20 minutes. Yes, 20 minutes from prep to table! It's called baked turkey meatballs.
How does it take so fast to make? Well, the prep only involves combining all the ingredients together and then rolling them out into meatballs. And, the cooking process — broiling the meatballs — is my favourite method for cooking meatballs because there is no mess and no standing over your counter flipping the meatballs to ensure even cooking on all sides. I choose easy every time!
The result is juicy, flavourful turkey meatballs. The secret to getting them to be juicy and not dried out is to use turkey thighs. This is because they have a higher fat content than turkey breasts making them less likely to dry out.
I like to keep the flavours straight-forward and simple by adding Italian seasoning. But you can change it up. The flavour possibilities are endless. Throw in whatever herbs you have lying around in your fridge. Need to use up dried herbs? Those will work too!
I serve these babies as an appetizer along with my favourite marinara sauce (homemade or store-bought). If you’re still in holiday mode, you could serve this alongside a cranberry chutney next time you entertain. So delicious! Bet your guests can’t eat just one!
Or, serve this as your main course mixed into a classic spaghetti pasta. Bon appétit!
Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 15 meatballs
When it comes to weeknight menu planning, baked turkey meatballs reign supreme. Say hello to dinner ready in under 20 minutes from prep to table!
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. ground turkey (thigh meat)
- parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- marinara sauce (for dipping)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add ground turkey and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overwork the meat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out meatballs roughly the size of golfballs and place on baking sheet at least 2-inches apart. Broil on high for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve meatballs with a garnish of chopped parsley and your favorite marinara sauce on the side.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Eileen Kelly says
Super delicious and healthy meatballs. I love how quickly they come together and I can serve these with so many different things. I would love these with squash!
What a great recipe! I love that you added Worcestershire to the recipe and this is a great recipe to still enjoy meatballs but not all the fat.