Get your kale fix with this delicious kale salad with poppy seed dressing. Try this combination of crunchy greens, light poppy seed dressing, toasted pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. This is my kind of heaven.
This salad is inspired and recreated by the Sweet Kale salad bag. If you haven’t jumped on the kale bandwagon yet, what are you waiting for? Kale is THE ultimate superfood. There is no excuse to not eat kale because it can be prepared in so many different ways. It can eaten raw, pan-fried, baked, blended in a smoothie, cooked in a soup, etc., etc., etc. The options are really endless. Basically, pretend that it is spinach and you can substitute this green in just about anything. But the easiest and my most common method of consuming kale would have to be the classic – raw in a salad.
So why is kale considered a “superfood”? Well for starters is it one of the most nutrient dense foods. The one cup of kale in this recipe contains only 33 calories but it provides your daily requirement of vitamin A, K and C and is a good source elf a number of other vitamins and minerals. It’s also loaded with antioxidants, helps lower cholesterol and contains cancer-fighting substances.
So chop up those greens, mix up the poppy seed dressing and enjoy a big bowl of kale salad. This yields a large bowl or 4 side servings. Enjoy!
Get your kale fix with this delicious, crunchy kale salad with poppy seed dressing, toasted pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup brussel sprouts, chopped
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, chopped in thin slices
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/8 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- Combine all greens together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add the Greek yogurt, olive oil, poppy seeds, salt and pepper and whisk until fully combined.
- Drizzle the dressing into the large bowl and toss salad to coat.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries on top.