Treat dad to an epic Father's Day meal with big bold flavours. Browse our favourite grilled, meaty, seafood, and dessert Father's Day recipes -- way better than a tie.
Pick a selection of:
- on the grill - chicken skewers, beef skewers, lamb skewers, chicken wings, grilled salmon, surf and turf
- bring on the meat - beef, lamb, chicken
- from the sea - white fish, cod, salmon, shrimp, prawns, lobster, crab, mussels
- side dishes and snacks - salads, grilled vegetables, bread, dip
- dessert fit for a king - sorbet, tarts, cake, cheesecake, cookies
- Plan your menu ahead of time. You can prepare many of these dishes in advance. Many are best when marinated overnight, some can be frozen and reheated from frozen, others can be made and stored in an airtight container for a few days at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- All dessert can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container either at room temperature or in the refrigerator according to recipe directions. Many of them (such as cookies and cheesecake) can be made weeks in advance, frozen, and defrosted.
- Salads can be prepared in advance, and assembled before serving.
- Prep your ingredients as much as possible. Once you have decided on the dishes to serve, prepare as much as you can in advance. Whether that is chopping vegetables, beating eggs, or preparing salad dressings. You can store all your prepared ingredients in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- Set the table the night before. Take out the dinnerware, flatware, glasses, placemats, and napkins and set the table the night before, or if you are headed outdoors, pack your picnic basket the night before. It's one less thing to worry about on Father's Day.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: father's day recipes, father's day menu, father's day lunch, dad's favourite recipes