Miso garlic chicken wings are crispy, delicious, and so easy to make. They are marinated in a savoury Asian-style marinade made with miso, garlic, and soy sauce, which packs on so much flavour. Plus, you can make things ever easier by marinating the miso wings overnight for a stronger taste and less prep the next day. Serve these as a delicious appetizer, main course meal, side dish, or as part of an epic party platter on game day. Plus, these wings are baked or cooked in the air fryer so they are so much better for than deep fried wings.
Why You'll Love Miso Garlic Chicken Wings
- Try something new with your wings. When it comes to chicken wings, there are the basics like Buffalo Hot Wings and BBQ Chicken Wings. While these classics will never get old, it can be nice to try something different.
- Miso is a secret flavor weapon. Miso paste is a fermented soy product that packs a lot of great flavor in a little package. Depending on what kind you get, the taste may be a little different. You can even experiment with this recipe by using different kinds of miso!
- Baked in the oven or air fryer. You can bake your wings in the oven or in the air fryer, which means that these wings use less oil, making them so much better for you. They’re just as yummy as fried wings (if not better!) without the added grease.
To make these easy delicious miso garlic chicken wings, you will need the following ingredients:
- chicken wings - 1 lb. of chicken wings, about 10 split wings.
- miso paste
- soy sauce
- olive oil
- ground black pepper
- for garnish - sesame seeds and fresh cilantro.
How to Make the Best Miso Garlic Chicken Wings
- Marinade the chicken wings. In a small mixing bowl, combine miso paste, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and black pepper. Mix well with a spoon until smooth. In a large zip-loc bag, add chicken wings and miso mixture. Press air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the wings to coat. Place bag in the refrigerator and marinate for at least one hour, up to overnight.
- Cook the chicken wings.
- To bake the chicken wings: Preheat oven to 400 F. Remove the marinated wings out of the bag and place them on a quarter sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes, turning the wings over half way to ensure even cooking.
- To air fry the chicken wings: Place the wings in the air fryer basket and cook at 350 F for 22-25 minutes. Open and shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Serve. Let the wings rest at room temperature for 5 minutes. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Tips and Tricks
- Marinate longer for more flavor. While you can marinate these miso garlic chicken wings for only one hour before cooking, you’ll get the best flavor if you wait all day—or overnight. Patience can be so rewarding!
- How to make vegan and gluten-free chicken wings. You can easily make this recipe vegan and gluten-free. To remove the gluten, simply use a gluten-free soy sauce. And to make vegan “wings,” use diced firm tofu.
- How to store. Keep miso garlic chicken wings refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- How to reheat. You can reheat these wings easily in the microwave in 20-second increments until warmed through. But for best results, reheat them in the oven or air fryer at 350F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through and crispy.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Breaded Fried Chicken Wings
- Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Asian Chicken Wings
- Game Day Buffalo Hot Wings
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.