Baked miso garlic chicken wings are crispy, delicious, and easy to make. They're marinated in a savoury Asian marinade, and cooked in the oven or air fryer.
- 1 lb. medium chicken wings (about 10 split wings)
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine miso paste, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and black pepper. Mix well with a spoon until smooth.
- In a large zip-loc bag, add chicken wings and miso mixture. Press air out of the bag and seal tightly. Press the marinade around the wings to coat. Place bag in the refrigerator and marinate for at least one hour, up to overnight.
- To bake the chicken wings: Preheat oven to 400 F. Remove the marinated wings out of the bag and place them on a quarter sheet baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes, turning the wings over half way to ensure even cooking.
- To air fry the chicken wings: Place the wings in the air fryer basket and cook at 350 F for 22-25 minutes. Open and shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Let the wings rest at room temperature for 5 minutes and serve.
Marinate longer for more flavor. While you can marinate these miso garlic chicken wings for only one hour before cooking, you’ll get the best flavor if you wait all day—or overnight. Patience can be so rewarding!
How to make vegan and gluten-free chicken wings. You can easily make this recipe vegan and gluten-free. To remove the gluten, simply use a gluten-free soy sauce. And to make vegan “wings,” use diced firm tofu.
How to store. Keep miso garlic chicken wings refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
How to reheat. You can reheat these wings easily in the microwave in 20-second increments until warmed through. But for best results, reheat them in the oven or air fryer at 350F for 5-10 minutes until warmed through and crispy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (+1 hour to marinate)
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: miso garlic chicken wings, chicken wings with miso marinade, miso chicken wings, asian chicken wings, air fryer chicken wings