I don’t know about you, but I could eat spinach salad every single day. Here, the bold flavours of blue cheese, maple bacon, and dried cranberries compliment the pickled red onions, creating the perfectly balanced dish — salty, sweet, acidic. Every bite of pickled red onion and blue cheese spinach salad is the perfect bite!
Pickled Red Onions
Can't find pickled red onions anywhere? Make a jar at home! It's so easy and only takes a handful of ingredients to prepare. Plus, it's obviously going to be healthier than if you pick up a jar from the grocery store. Check out my recipe for quick and easy picked red onions. Plus, you’ll be so thankful to have the leftover pickled red onions on hand in your fridge. You can use them on literally any salad or sandwich. The options are endless.
You can also make a full meal out of this salad and turn it into a hearty entrée by adding some protein. How about some roasted chicken or a grilled steak? Either way, this easy to prepare, flavourful salad will elevate any meal. Don’t wait, make this salad today!
Every bite of pickled red onion and blue cheese spinach salad is the perfect bite! The bold flavors of blue cheese, maple bacon, and dried cranberries compliment the pickled red onions, creating the perfectly balanced dish — salty, sweet, acidic.
- ¼ lb. maple bacon (or your favorite bacon)
- 8 oz. baby spinach
- 4 oz. blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup picked red onions (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place a cooling rack on top. Line bacon on the cooling rack, making sure it’s not touching. Cook until crispy, about 10-13 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon. Set aside to cool, then break into small pieces.
- Combine spinach, bacon, blue cheese, cranberries, and as many pickled red onions as you’d like. Season with salt, pepper, then toss with desired amount of balsamic vinegar and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Salad