Every bite of pickled red onion and blue cheese spinach salad is the perfect bite! The bold flavors of blue cheese, maple bacon, and dried cranberries compliment the pickled red onions, creating the perfectly balanced dish — salty, sweet, acidic.
- 1/4 lb. maple bacon (or your favorite bacon)
- 8 oz. baby spinach
- 4 oz. blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup picked red onions (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place a cooling rack on top. Line bacon on the cooling rack, making sure it’s not touching. Cook until crispy, about 10-13 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon. Set aside to cool, then break into small pieces.
- Combine spinach, bacon, blue cheese, cranberries, and as many pickled red onions as you’d like. Season with salt, pepper, then toss with desired amount of balsamic vinegar and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Salad