Peach arugula salad is an easy summer salad made with a handful of simple ingredients that pack on lots of flavor. Loaded with peppery arugula, fresh ripe peaches, tangy feta cheese, and crunchy pecans, all tossed in a delicious homemade balsamic vinaigrette, this peach salad takes only five minutes to throw together. It’s a delicious light meal that is perfect for last-minute lunches at home, a summer picnic or BBQ, or a work potluck. Either way, you may want to make extra because this will go fast.
Why You’ll Love Peach Arugula Salad
- It’s so simple. For the salad, you just need to throw 4 ingredients together, mix in the dressing (which also only needs 5 pantry staples that you likely have at home), and it's done! Just spend 5 minutes and a little effort to make this peach arugula salad come to life.
- It’s delicious. Just because a meal is easy doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice great taste or quality. This peach arugula salad is so good. The sweet peaches, crunchy nutty pecans, and feta cheese complement each other’s flavors so well, pair with fresh crisp arugula with even more flavor and great texture.
- It’s healthy. All those wonderful ingredients aren’t just for taste. They nourish your body too! From this peach arugula salad, you get vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, plus potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, protein, fiber, and omega-3 fats. Get ready to feel good!
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this simple peach arugula salad, you will need the following ingredients:
- baby arugula - arugula really makes this salad shine, but if you have any other salad greens on hand, feel free to thrown them in. Try kale, spinach or mixed greens.
- peaches.- for best results, use fresh peaches. You could also substitute with other fresh fruit (try summer berries), or substitute with canned peaches.
- feta cheese - you can substitute with goat cheese or blue cheese.
- pecans - you can substitute this with any kind of nuts -- try almonds, walnuts, or pine nuts.
- balsamic vinaigrette - you can use either store-bought dressing or homemade. It's really easy to make homemade balsamic dressing in just a couple of minutes using olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
How to Make the Best Peach Arugula Salad
Peach arugula salad is so easy to throw together. First, combine the salad ingredients (arugula, peaches, feta, and pecans) in a large mixing bowl or serving dish. Then, make the balsamic vinaigrette by stirring together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper, in a small bowl. Pour the dressing on top of the salad and toss to combine.
How to Serve
For more summer recipes to pair fresh peach salad with, try some of our favorites:
- Classic Juicy Hamburgers
- Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon
- Garlic Shrimp Skewers
- Lemongrass Chicken Skewers
- Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
- Pesto Penne Pasta
- Shrimp Tacos with Lime Crema Slaw
- Make ahead instructions: To make this salad ahead of time, I would suggest prepping the ingredients, making the balsamic dressing, and storing in separate airtight containers. When ready to serve, assemble the salad and pour in the dressing.
- How to store: Peach arugula salad is best eaten fresh since the balsamic vinegar will start to soften the greens and peaches. If you do have leftovers, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
More Salad Recipes with Fruit
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.