Greek chicken salad is fresh, healthy, and delicious, packed with vibrant classic Mediterranean flavors. This classic Greek salad is topped with chicken, loaded with typical Greek ingredients like tangy kalamata olives and feta cheese while crisp cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onions balance out the strong flavors, and is all tossed in a homemade Greek dressing. It's a perfect salad to serve on it's own for a light but filling lunch or dinner, and is great for meal prep throughout the week.
Why You'll Love Greek Chicken Salad
- Packed with essential nutrients. This Greek chicken salad has it all. Seriously. Between the feta cheese, kalamata olives, fresh vegetables, and protein, this salad is packed with a variety of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that promote health including gut health, heart heath, and more.
- It's perfect for meal prep. This chicken salad is one of my favorite ways to use up any leftover chicken breast. Plus, you can prep everything in advance (ideal for meal prep!), and divide into meal prep containers. I would just recommend storing the dressing separately in small dressing containers to pack with your lunch on the side.
- You can serve it however you want. Greek chicken salad makes a great side salad at a dinner party, but it is filling enough to serve as a main course on its own. It is packed with protein and veggies for a healthy and wholesome lunch or dinner.
- Quick and easy to make. Since we are using leftover chicken (so we don't have to cook anything), this salad takes literally less than 10 minutes to chop up and throw together. It's perfect when you are too busy to make a full-on dinner, and you can customize it with any vegetables you have on hand.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this easy Greek chicken salad, you will need the following ingredients (full quantities in recipe card below):
- chicken breast - this recipe a great way to use up any leftover chicken breast that oyu have on hand. You can also use a rotisserie or roast chicken.
- romaine lettuce - you can substitute this with mixed greens or most other salad greens that you have on hand.
- grape tomatoes
- Persian cucumbers
- red onion
- kalamata olives - kalamata olives are soaked in salty brine, making them slightly tart, sour, and very salty. They’re a Greek salad staple.
- feta cheese - this soft, salty, and creamy cheese originates in Greece. If you’ve never had it, you need to.
- Greek salad dressing - use store-bought or homemade dressing. It's really simple to make homemade Greek salad dressing in just a few minutes with olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.
This Greek chicken salad is also completely customizable. Feel free to leave out any ingredients that you are not a fan of. Some things that you can add or exchange to modify it based on your own taste are: bell peppers, oven-roasted red peppers, artichokes, croutons, pickled onions, and hard-boiled egg.
How to Make the Best Greek Chicken Salad
To make Greek chicken salad, simply combine all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl or serving bowl, including chicken, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, cucumber, olives and feta cheese. Then make the dressing (if using homemade), and pour the Greek salad dressing on top. Toss to combine, and add more salt and black pepper to taste, if needed.
How to Serve
You can serve this Greek chicken salad on it's own for a filling lunch or dinner. You can also serve it on the side of your Greek-inspired dinner. Some great recipes to pair with this include:
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki Skewers
- Souvlaki Beef Shish Kebabs
- Greek Lemon Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Greek Meatballs
- Chicken Gryos
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Pita Bread
Make Ahead and Storing Instructions
- Make ahead instructions: To make ahead, store the salad, chicken, and dressing separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. The chicken will last up to 3 days, and the salad and dressing will last up to 1 week. Then toss and combine just before serving or packing for lunch. This will keep your salad looking fresh.
- How to store: Store this Greek chicken salad in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store it in an airtight container or in a bowl wrapped tightly with plastic cling wrap.
More Salad Recipes
- Chicken Garden Salad
- Chickpea Greek Salad
- Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese Salad
- Asian Chopped Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.