Homemade Greek salad dressing is light, fresh, and flavorful. It's an olive oil and lemon based dressing that takes a plate of salad greens and turns it into something delicious. It's quick and easy to make with 5 simple ingredients in just 5 minutes. Plus, homemade dressings are so much better, tastier, and healthier than store-bought. You'll never be able to go back to store-bought after making it at home!
Why You’ll Love Greek Salad Dressing
- It’s quick, easy, and simple. This Greek salad dressing takes only five ingredients—and you probably have all of them at home right now. Plus, few ingredients means that this recipe takes no time to throw together. get thrown together in no time. Last-minute lunches don’t need to take a lot of time.
- It’s flavorful and delicious. With quality ingredients and balanced flavors, this Greek salad dressing gives your salad all the flavor it needs. Light, bright, and fresh.
- It’s better than store-bought. If that’s not enough to convince you to make your own Greek salad dressing, then you should know it’s also cheaper, fresher, and healthier than bottled store-bought dressing. Unlike it's store-bought counterparts, this dressing has no preservatives, fillers, or artificial flavors. Just real ingredients.
Ingredients and Substitutions
To make this easy homemade Greek salad dressing, you will need the following ingredients (check recipe card below for full quantities):
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- dried oregano - you can also substitute this with Italian seasoning or dried basil.
- salt and pepper
How to Make Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad dressing is so easy to make at home. All you need to do is combine all the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir well with a spoon until combined. You can also combine the ingredients in a mason jar and seal with the lid. Shake until well combined. Use immediately over salad and add more salt and pepper to taste.
How to Serve
You can pair homemade Greek salad dressing with almost any salad. Try it with:
- Greek Salad with Lettuce
- Chickpea Greek Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Lemon Kale Salad
- Chicken Garden Salad
You can also use Greek dressing as a marinade for chicken, seafood, and vegetables.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- How to store: Store in an airtight container or mason jar in the refrigerator for up one week. Since homemade dressings lack preservatives, they are better for you but don't last as long.
- How to customize: For a traditional Greek salad dressing, follow this recipe as is. But if you want to change it up and add hints of other flavors, try adding in some red pepper flakes, chili flakes, lemon pepper, minced garlic, or Parmesan cheese.
More Salad Dressing Recipes
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Poppy Seed Dressing
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Tahini Sauce
- Creamy Sesame Dressing
- Ranch Dressing
Did you make this recipe? I would greatly appreciate a comment and rating below, letting me know what you thought of the recipe. You can also snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.