On the 4th of July, it's all about the American patriotic red, white, and blue recipes. So if you are planning an epic Independence Day party and are wondering what fourth of July food to serve on your summer menu, then you are in the right place. We are sharing over 40 best 4th of July recipes including summer berry recipes, burgers and grill recipes, fresh vibrant salads, festive and colorful desserts, refreshing drinks, and more.
Best 4th of July Recipes
4th of July Summer Cookout Party Tips
- Plan your menu ahead of time. If you plan your menu early, you can prepare a complete shopping list, and can starting thinking about some tasks that you can do ahead of time. Some recipes, like skewers and patties, need to be marinated for at least an hour in advance (with better results overnight!), some can be made a day or 2 ahead of time and stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator, and some can made much further in advance and frozen. Check individual recipes for full storage instructions.
- Prep as much as possible. Once you have decided on what you are going to serve on the 4th of July, try to prepare as much as you can ahead of time. Some things that you can do to save you time are chopping up ingredients or preparing salads and dressings and separately in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Set the table the night before. Get out all your festive and patriotic 4th of July plates and set your table early in the morning or even the night before so that you have one less thing to worry about on Independence Day.
Did You Make Any of These 4th of July Recipes?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of 4th of July recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @aheadofthyme or share it on the Pinterest pin so that I can follow along.Print
Over 40 best 4th of July recipes including red white and blue recipes, summer berry recipes, grill recipes, salads, colorful desserts and refreshing drinks. One of my favorite 4th of July recipes are these Antipasto Skewers.
- 20 cheese tortellini
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup olives (20 pieces)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (20 pieces)
- 20 slices salami
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (20 pieces)
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts (20 pieces)
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese (or bocconcini mozzarella balls) (20 one-inch pieces)
- 20 cocktail picks (6-inch wooden skewers)
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Transfer to a bowl and toss with Italian dressing. Cover the bowl with plastic cling wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes up to 2 hours. Drain the marinade.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients and arrange them in front of you. Thread the items onto cocktail picks (or 6-inch wooden skewers) making sure to alternate between different colors and textures. I threaded the items in the following order: black olive, basil, tortellini, salami, tomato, artichoke heart, pepperoni, black olive, and cheese.
- Serve with a side of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, or with pesto, if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Marinate Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: 30 best 4th of july recipes, 4th of july recipes, fourth of july recipes, independence day recipes, summer party recipes